Huge delay reaction of the drone after input

Hi,
I am facing a weird issue when I input any command from the controller that is roll, pitch, throttle, etc. The drone reacts after 2 to 4 seconds or do what it must do. I have PoweBoxSystem Radio controller “CORE” and I am also using a receiver from PowerBoxSystems. I have the receiver connected via FastTrack/Data.

IMP NOTE! I was flying with this setup normally but I had to change the receiver as it does not belong to me. So I bought the same receiver to make sure that everything worked smoothly but before flying with the new receiver I did a motor test (without propellers) and when I gave the commands I could see clearly the delay.

I have already calibrated again the RC Controller through the mission planner; however, this did not solve the issue. I don’t feel comfortable flying so I don’t have any flight logs.

Do you have any suggestions?

Thank you.

So the copter was reacting OK before you changed the receiver.

Do you mean just the motor outputs (RPM) are not reacting as expected during ground-based testing?
Or do you mean that during flight all controls seem to be lagging in response?

Start by testing motors in MissionPlanner motor test.
Then you can set LOG_DISARMED,1 and use Stabilise mode to do some basic ground-based tests without flying. There’s various ways to do this, but above all be safe!

Provide that .bin log, then you can set LOG_DISARMED,0

Also be aware that motor outputs can be very strange and often do not react as expected then the copter is not actually flying.

Hello,

Thank you for your reply. The motors were not behaving as they should be during the “ground test”. Today I found the issue. It was caused by the RC Controller itself not having the correct communication protocol option to communicate with the receiver. For some reason, it changed by itself for the new receiver. After changing it, i did calibration for esc and rc controller and everything worked normally.

1 Like