How to view parameter files without being connected?

Blender 3D - Ton Roosendaal’s baby.

2 years - a life time, especially in software development.

Perhaps we’ll see this before your “next” pet hamster dies. Though at this rate, you’ll be cutting it close.

I’ve tried to guide you on a workaround that works.

Due to the number of configurations and combinations available to ArduPilot you must “emulate” every vehicle so that the parameters that you change are validated by the firmware present on the vehicle.
So without the vehicle present you create a simulation.
That simulation is easily achievable by using SITL. So you connect to SITL and can play around all day and when satisfied save the param file.
And you can even simulate /test fly the changes on that SITL vehicle. btw: SITL=Software In The Loop.

More on simulation here : http://ardupilot.org/dev/docs/simulation-2.html

Other option, you just go here, and do it your way.

@ luisvale - I got that many posts ago…
and thanx for helping.

Conversation continued beyond that… simply responding to those that posted.
Don’t read into it more than is there.

As mentioned, I don’t usually join propriety forums… exactly for that reason.
I can ignore posts if preferred, though I find it rude not to respond when spoken to…

…besides it helps passing time waiting for a response to another posted question.

Just looking for answers… solutions probably a better term.

No offense meant… I’ll be gone as soon as I find out what I need to know. And you guys can carry on as like I was never here.

I don’t kiss ass, or flag wave… It’s just software to me. If it can provide necessary solutions great, if not so be it.

• chase -

regarding the other question:

if you can connect the radio to a computer either directly or via some kind of interface and the radio actions are seen by the computer (like the trims) then yes, you’ll have the reactions that the radio commands.
I’m not familiar with that radio.

Yeah, the Devo F12E has a trainer out that can be used in PC based Flight Sims. It’s seen if I bind while the bird is connected. All controls react.

My other question is If I make changes in the settings in tx will the sim in MP react to those changes?

I had a near incident experimenting with a change in the tx during flight. I’m trying to avoid that.
Rather important when dealing with the cost of these caliber birds. I’m sure you understand.

If the PC “sees” the controller then it will control the SITL, that’s the whole principle of simulation. It’s a easy thing to test

Great…

From your image it looks like it has enough channels… cool.

I’ll give it a go and see what happens.

I take it you’ve used it before in this capacity.

How accurate to real life is the sim in this regard?

And thanx again for the help.