How to turn off the cyclic blade pitch and collective pitch when the helicopter is on the ground

The lower the filter setting the lower the delay but also the lower the noise that will reach the controller. As long as your noise magnitude is less than 2.5m/s/s then your controller will initialise correctly.

If it is too low you will see the aircraft oscillate up and down. To fix this you will need to reduce the PSC_ACCEL_Z parameters.

So make sure you are confident taking over in stabilize mode.

Do you mean PSC_ACCEL_Z parameters by PSC_ACCZ_P? Or all the parameters that depend on Z?

Besides,also do you think we need to lower the INS_GYRO__FILTER?

Yes, those. In particular the P and I term.

Thank you for your prompt reply,I Got it. Also do you think we need to lower the INS_GYRO__FILTER?

That is a separate tuning issue so I would not touch that.

I got it. Thanks for your time.

@bnsgeyer Hello, Bill. Copter-4.1.4 has been released. Are the amendments (Position controller init fix to avoid twitch on vehicles with high vibrations) referred to in it specific to the problem we are discussing here?

I copied the ReleaseNotes.

Copter-4.1.4 has been released as the official/stable version for multicopters and helicopters.

The changes vs 4.1.3 are in the ReleaseNotes and also copied below

1. Benewake CAN Lidar support
  2. CAN GPS default lag dropped to 0.1 seconds (was 0.22 seconds)
  3. Bug fixes
    a) Compass custom orientation is never overwritten during calibration
    b) EKF logging gaps fixed (some messages were occasionally being skipped)
    c) Guided mode cornering improvements
    d) IMU logging fix for IREG message (records IMU register changes)
    e) LOITER_TO_ALT mission command’s climb rate fixed (could climb or descend too quickly)
    f) Position controller init fix to avoid twitch on vehicles with high vibrations
    g) Position controller init fix to better handle high speed entry to flight mode
    h) Position controller prioritises reducing cross track error
    i) Position controller relax fix
    j) SBUS RC frame gap increased to better handle some new receivers
    k) SERVOx_FUNCTION protection to avoid memory overwrite if set too high
    l) SD card init triggering watchdog fixed
    m) Spline path max lateral acceleration reduced (vehicle stays on path better but may be slower)
    n) Takeoff bug fix if taking off below home or frame specified as MSL

Yes this version fixes the issue you were having with the vertical axis with high vibrations.

1 Like

Nice!Thank you very much.

@bnsgeyer @Leonardthall I had a test yesterday and the problems mentioned on this topic have been solved. Thank you very much.

1 Like