How to start SITL with Mavlink forwarded to USB port on local machine

I have SITL running on a WSL2 setup and I wish to start it while forwarding Mavlink to a USB port – dev/ttyusb1. I have not see this documented anywhere. And I have looked.

This is my startup: sim_vehicle.py --console --map --osd -f plane vtail -L aerosport --tonealarm

What do I need to add to this to get Mavlink at 57600 to usb1? This will be in addition to the Mavproxy GCS that launches by default.

To give a fuller picture or see actual picture: USB1 has an FTDI to a Dragonlink mavlink serial port so I can test my Dragonlink, radio setup and controller in SITL. (The Dragonlnk Sbus is also connected via a SBUS to HID Joystick device but I digress). The Dragonlink repeater talks to an antenna tracker which I need test in SITL.

Many thanks for any pointers. I have searched and searched. The syntax is defeating me.

There is really good documentation on this in the wiki. I pretty much have figured it out if anyone else is trying to get Mavlink UART connected devices working with SITL.

https://ardupilot.org/dev/docs/using-sitl-for-ardupilot-testing.html#adding-simulated-peripherals-into-the-simulation:~:text=See-,Adding%20Simulated%20Peripherals%20to%20sim_vehicle,-Using%20real%20serial