How to learn Mission Planner Code as a newcomer?

Hey everyone,
as a newcomer to the Mission Planner and Ardupilot world, I’m eager to learn more but finding it challenging to know where to begin. Despite attempting to dive into the Mission Planner code, I’ve encountered numerous errors in VS Code. I understand that the documentation mentions that learning C# through Mission Planner isn’t recommended, but I thought it was worth a shot.

Despite my efforts to find comprehensive beginner resources online, including reading through various documentation such as Ardupilot’s and watching online tutorials, I still feel like I’m only scratching the surface. It appears to be an endless loop of questions without clear answers.

Of course, I understand that one should attempt smaller projects to start with. But what would these be, for instance? Should you try to program LED lights?

So, how quickly can one acquire this knowledge, and what’s the best approach? I’m seeking guidance on navigating this complex terrain efficiently. And to add, how did you approach tackling this issue when you were in my shoes?

Cheers,
Spy