How to get my plane to turn tighter in auto mode

note that these are recommended max, but there is nothing magic about the value. If you find it works well with a larger value then let me know.

Tridge,

From the documentation, I assumed (incorrectly) that the max D-term value was an enforced maximum.

Is the max P term the same (i.e., can it be set to a value higher than 10)?

If so, I might try adjusting both a bit higher.

The current settings works well “within limits”. If I’m starting in a straight line or from rest, the controller seems to be able to keep the plane going straight. But if I throw it off by steering manually into a curve and then let it go back to automatic mid-turn, it doesn’t converge very fast (if at all).

it can go as high as you like. If you find you need much higher values then I may raise the advertise maximum for a future release.
Cheers, Tridge

I want to use differential thrust for a VTOL tiltrotor. But I already assigned motor1 and motor2 (33,34) using the SERVO_(1 and 2) FUNCTION . Is it possible to have differential thrust in the plane mode FBWA?

1 Like

I am using a tilt-rotor as well. Would be interested in hearing the answer to this question.

The easiest way to get your planes to turn tighter is increase LIM_ROLL_CD or NAVL1_LIM_BANK.

Also decrease NAVL1_PERIOD.

2 Likes