How to figure out which IMU is which?

Hi everyone.
To better understand the log data, I’d like to know which IMU in Ardupilot is which in the Cube Orange Plus we are using.
Here you can find a table for the sensors in the CubeOrangePlus: ICM42688, ICM20648, ICM20948. The first is not isolated, the other two are.
Connecting a Cube to MP and checking Setup->MandatoryHardware->HW ID I can find INS_ICM42688, INS_ICM20948, INS_ICM20649. So the first IMU is the same in both, the other IMUs have swapped places and one IMU seems to be different: (ICM20648 vs INS_ICM20649).
Checking the hwdef agrees to the HW ID info, but ICM42688 is titled as both IMU0 and IMU1 there and IMU2 contains ICM45686.

So my guess would be:

• The first IMU is the non-isolated ICM42688
  • The second IMU is the ICM20948
  • The third IMU is the ICM20649 and there is a typo on the cubepilot website.

Are my conclusions correct?
Why would the non-isolated IMU be the first one when (if I understood correctly) the first core of the EKF uses the first IMU?

Check the device ID in the parameter file and use Mission Planners decoder on the ctrl>F screen. Or, review the HWID screen in Mission Planner.

Thanks, I did that and it obviously agrees with the HWID screen in Mission Planner, which I already looked at.

Is it usual to use the non-isolated IMU of three as the primary one?

I was just wondering that myself. I have a CUAV Nora - marketing talks about built in shock absorption but it isn’t clear which IMUs are isolated. IMU 1 shows much high vibes than 2&3, but by default EKF3 uses IMU 1. Is it better to assign one of the other IMUs to the first core of the EKF?

Good question. I see the same thing on a Zealot H743 - the ‘secondary’ IMUs have considerably lower vibes than the one being used. I would like to try one of the quiet IMU.