How to ensure the auto mode flight

I want to know how can ensure that the auto mode flight. It was done all initial calibration. The vibration and compassmot is in acceptable level. I think the satellite is the key. How many satellite can switch to auto mode? at least 9? Thanks for sharing. :slight_smile:

You have the AHRS_GPS_MINSATS=6 param. I know this is usually for arming into auto mode.

Thanks
How about if I set the AHRS_GPS_MINSATS below 6? What will be happen?

[quote=“cadbeyond”]Thanks
How about if I set the AHRS_GPS_MINSATS below 6? What will be happen?[/quote]
You will be able to switch to auto modes with less than 6 sats in the position solution.
As this is a very low number, you are likely to see glitches, such as the copter suddenly racing to a side - maybe into a tree, a building or into a person.

I think the HDOP value is a better indication of the position accuracy than the number of satellites. An HDOP value of under 2.0 is good. Above 2.5 is not good.

It’s possible to make the hdop visible in the mission planner’s flight data screen’s Quick tab.

Good indication!! Thanks.

If you’re using an OSD, then its worth modifying the code to show the HDOP on-screen. I do that for the minimOSD.

Gabor’s MinimOSD-Extra code will flash the gps icon when HDOP gets too high.

[quote=“iskess”]
Gabor’s MinimOSD-Extra code will flash the gps icon when HDOP gets too high.[/quote]

Been a while since I tried that - last time I did, it crashed on one of the status mavlink messages, so I lost the OSD as I armed…