How to calculate flight time of a drone?

Hello guys, when I have searched for equations for finding flight time of a quadcopter, many resources are giving different answers which makes a lot of confusion. Does anyone know how to correctly calculate flight time for a quadcopter?

one of the cheapest and most reliable way to do so. just bite the bullet and get a subscription its worth it.

2 Likes

Have you actually built the quadcopter? If yes, the best test is to actually hover it until the battery voltage drops to a level you are comfortable with. Alternatively hover it for a bit, take a note of the current consumption and divide the battery capacity in Ah by the current to find how many hours it will last. Iโ€™d reduce that figure by ~85% for realistic results.

No I haveโ€™nt build the quadcopter. I was actually participating in a competition. So we needed to submit the design report which must include the flight time calculation. This is the actual reason why I am looking for equations to calculate flight time.

Then use eCalc as suggested. I have used it for many multirotors from 3โ€ to 20โ€ myself and helped others with a broader range.of craft. Its estimates are good.

There are too many variables to calculate it from scratch, you could get some thrust /power curve data for your motor and if you know the weight and your battery capacity you could work it out.