How to Arm Rover 3.0?

I have searched the wiki and cannot find anything on how to Arm the vehicle. I have changed ARMING_REQUIRED to 0 but if my transmitter is not on when I power up the vehicle it gives me a problem. I turn on my transmitter later and I get no response from the vehicle. In other words my transmitter has to be on when I power up. Also, I will retest this tomorrow, I can’t arm with Mission Planner. Is this expected or is there some issue I’m not aware of. Other than this 3.0 with the EKF2 so far appears to be fantastic.

Regards,

David R. Boulanger

Hi David, in my case, i’m alway armed on startup with the BRD_SAFETYENABLE set to 0.

Regards,

Mine is set to 0 also. This was never a problem with 2.5. I will test further tomorrow.

Regards,
David R. Boulanger

Yes sorry - I still need to complete the wiki page on arming in Rover.
Effectively its on the steering channel - the channel you have RCMAP_ROLL set to.
ARMING_REQUIRED needs to be set to 1 in order to arm from your transmitter. If you have it set to 0 then arming isn’t needed. If set to 1 then hold your steering stick all the way over for about 4 seconds and it should arm.
Thanks, Grant.

Note jean-luc this can be dangerous. Nothing is stopping your rover from taking off immediately. Not what I would normally recommend unless you have a specific use case.
Thanks, Grant.

Thank you. Will give that a try.

Regards

David R. Boulanger

Of course, in my case i have a relay switch between the ESC and pilot board, in “manual” mode, i short cut the pilot board.

Regards,

Hi everyone,

I’m new in this forum. I meet a problem when I want to arm my Pixhawk with ArduRover V3.0.0.
In fact I can’t arm with my transmitter even if ARMING_REQUIRE set to 1. I can arm with the arm button on GSC but I can’t disarmed then. And when I arm, I hace a fix blue light on my Pixhawk, but it still appear DISARMED on Mission Planner.

Have you got an idea where is the problem ?

Thank you in advance for your help,

Regards,

Edouard R.

@Edouard_R,
Have you followed these Wiki steps to arm your Rover?

Regards,
TCIII AVD

Yes I followed it. I had fix the problem installing beta rover firmware on my pixhawk. Now I can arm using GSC arm button but I can’t arm with my transmitter yet (holding steering stick).

Regards,
Édouard R

Make sure your RC Transmitter is calibrated correctly. The arming code needs to see that the steering is hard over and the throttle is zero.
Let us know how you go.
Thanks, Grant.

I reproduce your issue with the latest beta. Can’t arm via the stick, only via GCS.

Can you provide a log file please?
Thanks, Grant.

The forum limits to max 3Mb log files. Mine is just above this and can’t upload it (even zipped at 1.2 Mb which is weird).
Get the following message:
Sorry, that file is too big (maximum size is 3072kb). Why not upload your large file to a cloud sharing service, then share the link?

Most people upload to dropbox or equivalent and provide a link here.
Thanks, Grant.