How to add a switch for auto tune with Turnigy 9x

Hi all this is my first problem. I have my Mode switch and throttle cut switch programmed for the 6 way switch but can’t seem to figure out how to add and setup another switch to activate the auto turn function.
This is where I am lost… I need to program RUD. D/R or ELE D/R switch for the auto tune function but I am not able to figure it out. Any help is most appreciated.
Thanks

[color=#00BF00]Not a Copter software support question. Moved to general forums.[/color]

daveloves are you using the original firmware on the radio or is it custom like er9x or opentx?

I use the mission planner to command autotune via the telemetry link. It overrides the Turnigy FBWA setting and when I switch the Turnigy to stabilized it overrides the mission planner command.

That way I can keep the basic 6 mode switch setup.

Cool never thought of using it that way…

When u switch to Stabilize does it store the tunings after u land and disarm?

Every 10 seconds in auto the controller gains are updated. Switching out of auto stops the updates, but the updates accumulated to that point are permanent.

[color=#40BF80]
Thanks everyone who replied very fast with lots of information… The other problem is I am very new with this board and have only launched it a several times with stock settings… Just trying to set the auto tune was hard enough… I don’t have much knowledge of the board and all it’s software settings… As to one of the reply’s " it is just stock software but the undated version of Turnigy 9x I believe it is version 2 but not promises… I need step by step instructions on the program in the transmitter, since I am not sure how to activate the switch I want to use and not sure what to set on ie: gear, etc. figured using channel 7 or 8.
Appreciate all the information I have received thus far and have a feeling someone in here is going to save the day for me… As far as another reply on the logs, that [/color]is not something I am sure of or how to get to it, and if I did not sure how to save and move to here… And another reply I received on not thinking of using a switch to auto tune— how else can it be done… ?
I have looking at a lot of video’s and read a lot of forums but no one can tell me how to setup one of the switches for the auto tune… It’s all about the other six settings… Even those when I finally got them setup they are not in the same order as what I have seen but figured out how to set them to at least change with the switches… I just need now to program the last switch just for auto tune…

[quote=“davidjames”]I use the mission planner to command autotune via the telemetry link. It overrides the Turnigy FBWA setting and when I switch the Turnigy to stabilized it overrides the mission planner command.

That way I can keep the basic 6 mode switch setup.[/quote]
Maybe you can explain how to me how it is done or send me a few pics or links

For the stock firmware head over to “aux channels” in the main menu of the transmitter. Select channel 7… Change it to the switch you want to assign for autotune for example “Gear” which would map the gear switch to channel 7. Save it… Make sure you calibrate your radio in Mission Planner to verify you are getting signal from everything in the receiver. In Mission Planner go the the tunings section and select extended tuning. Make your way to Ch7 OPT and change it to “Autotune”… Write parameters and follow instructions for Autotune in the wiki:

copter.ardupilot.com/wiki/autotune/

Hope that kinda helps… Good luck…

Hey Daveloves any luck getting going? ?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Thanks for all the help… No I have not yet had any time to get into it… I think I have a good idea on what to do, however I am not sure I can use gear switch, not sure if it is tied into the 6 position switch program… Not positive so I might try and if it messes every thing up I’ll have to try a different switch. I was going to use my left side front panel switch ELE D/R but not sure how to locate it in the aux section in my Turnigy 9x Transmitter… :question:

Thanks again for all the help… Well I got a little time the other night and tried to program one of my other switches since the gear switch is already used. I was trying to setup ELE D/R switch on the left front but did not work… Just as I started to reply to this post I remembered that I did not connect any lead wire from the board to the receiver… :astonished: ahhhh most likely it was the problem… I have been so limited on time that when I got the chance to do it, I totally forgot to connect another lead wire… Will check back in a day or so.
Thanks again…