How increase speed in movement commands in GUIDED mode?

Hi
I want to go to the direction of one point in guided mode(send it with SET_POSITION_TARGET_LOCAL_NED) with maximum speed of my drone. Is there anyway?
On other word I want to send any X, Y and Z even small(for example 2, 1 and -1) to FC and then drone go with maximum speed to that direction?
I don’t want drone wait and hover on the chosen point, and I want drone go on the direction as fast as possible. :heart_eyes:
:thinking: I know vx, vy and vz available on SET_POSITION_TARGET_LOCAL_NED message but I don’t want use that because for that, I should calculate maximum speed of my drone and then for calculate direction should scale them with maximum speed and then send to drone! :face_with_spiral_eyes: Absolutely it isn’t easy and I should calculate all of them to send only one message!

Regards

@ppoirier @amilcarlucas @rmackay9

You clearly did not follow all the steps in the Methodically configure and tune ArduCopter.

If you had… it would be really fast!

yes, it is fast but only when you send the point far from your location. If you send near location, drone move slow! Also I tuned my hexa very well and after that, it fine tuned by AutoTune mode.

I think it has been taken away, I want to go to the direction of one special point, with maximum speed with SET_POSITION_TARGET_LOCAL_NED messages with send position(X, Y and Z with type mask 0b110111111000).
For example I send position with below code:

the_connection.mav.send(mavutil.mavlink.MAVLink_set_position_target_local_ned_message(10, the_connection.target_system, the_connection.target_component, mavutil.mavlink.MAV_FRAME_LOCAL_OFFSET_NED, type_mask, 2, 1, -1, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0))

I don’t want drone stop in (2, 1, -1) I want it go to this point direction and continue moving on that until I change mode to loiter or stop moving with code.
Is there anyway for that?

Hi @joe_white,

I think you could send velocity commands instead of position commands. You’ll need to keep sending the commands at at least 1hz though or it will timeout and stop.

1 Like

And having the FF parameter of the position controller correctly configured (section 13 file 41 on the Blog post) also helps a lot, especially when the destination point is close to the current one.

Hi @amilcarlucas,

Txs for all the help. In this case, I think it’s unlikely to be a tuning issue although no log has been provided so we don’t know much (hint hint). I think he’s struggling to get the correct target into the autopilot.