How does ROI feature work for APM planner 2.0

Sorry for repeating this…but I can’t find an answer anywhere. What specifically is the workaround for ROI, in APM Planner 2, for the mac?

thanks for any help!

You can set ROI Waypoints in the latest version of AP2

Later: I just tested this again, but there ROI point is not showing on the MAP, i’ll add a fix.

Brilliant. thanks! :smiley: . So is this usually available in the drop down menu when your editing waypoints?

Yes, it’s the drop down foe a mission item, you need to select DO: Set ROI in the checkbox

Hmmm. No such option for me.

I think i have the latest version. 2.0.14. Am I missing a plugin or update?
These are all to “DO’s” that are listed.

They selecting the beta option in APM Planner 2.0 config view. It may have been added to 2.0.15-rc5

Bill

Ahhhh the beta version. Doh! Thanks Bill.

I am running APM Planner 2.0.15 and Mac OS 10.10.1. The DO: ROI does not appear to do anything. Once that command is assigned to a waypoint, the waypoint disappears from the map. It is still shown in the mission list, bt it is ignored when he mission is actually flown. Is there some work around required to get this feature to function? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

There is improvements to ROI in 2.0.16-rc3. Select the beta option in APM Planner 2.0 Config view to download and install. The ROI will appear as an eye symbol on the map

Thank you for the reply.

I must be missing something though as there is no Download Beta option as far as I can tell. There is a Enable Beta Release toggle which has been enabled, but there is no Update or Download button anywhere within the application. Is there a direct link to the beta version that can be used?

AP2 checks for updates on restart. In the help menu you can select “Check For Updates” or restart the program and it will check for an update.

or you can download the beta directly from firmware.diydrones.com/Tools/APMPlanner/beta/

Thank you for that info. I have downloaded the current beta from the direct link.

However, I cannot get it to run at all now. It does one of 3 things every time I try to launch it.

1. Crashes immediately,
  2. Opens, but I get the spinning beachball and must force quit.
  3. The icon just bounces in the dock but never opens. and must force quit.

The 3rd result is what happens if I launch again after it has been forced quit.

I have reinstalled it several times and rebooted several times. Is this a known issue or is there some other configuration required?

Thank you for any assistance you can provide.

MacBook Pro (13-inch)
10.10.1 (14B25)
2.7 GHz Intel Core i7
16 GB 1333 MHz DDR3

Strange… if you can provide a crash log or log that may help. see ~/apmplanner2/log.txt

or try deleting your settings by deleting the ~/.config/com.diydrones/ directory

It’s working as expected on my Mac, which is almost identical to your setup

Thanks Bill.

Deleting the config files as you suggest seemed to have fixed it.

I have discovered a few other odd things. For example, there are tracks connecting mission points that do not exist, locked into position on the map. There is no way to get rid of them. They persist even when the mission waypoints are all deleted. Here is an example:

youtu.be/PfcparlyxYo

On this same topic, where is the best place to submit bug reports?

Thank you for you help.