How do you test parachute on the bench?

Thanks for the great new release and adding parachute!!

I’m Setting up a parachute on a plane and I can’t figure out how to test it on the bench. Parameters are all straight forward. Have chute in channel, chute out channel, pwm values all working. Have CHUTE_ALT_MIN set to 0. When I trigger the servo (on the bench) Mission Planner displays “[color=#FF0000]Parachute:Not Flying[/color]”. No servo action. This is correct of course, but I need to setup my servo latch mechanism.

Thanks!

Brian

[quote=“bchristal”]Thanks for the great new release and adding parachute!!

I’m Setting up a parachute on a plane and I can’t figure out how to test it on the bench. Parameters are all straight forward. Have chute in channel, chute out channel, pwm values all working. Have CHUTE_ALT_MIN set to 0. When I trigger the servo (on the bench) Mission Planner displays “[color=#FF0000]Parachute:Not Flying[/color]”. No servo action. This is correct of course, but I need to setup my servo latch mechanism.

Thanks!

Brian[/quote]

What’s your Parameters is how to set ,my Mission Planner displays no “Parachute: Not Flying” is displayed.

I test the parachute in the sky,and it works.However the ground it shows:Parachute:Not Flying

To test the parachute on the ground , I blowing in the pitot tube . Servo is triggered only once , then you need to reboot the controller . When triggered servo, the buzzer sounds for 2 seconds . It is a pity that the signal does not sound continuously until you turn off the power or press the “SAFETY” button . This signal can be hear only birds , but it can help to look for a model in the tall grass .