Holybro X500 V2 with Pixhawk 6X initial set up

Haven’t seen posts on the 6X. I am dying to figure out how to configure my ESC and Motor in Mission Planner Configuration and Setup! I can arm and can spin. I haven’t done the maiden test flight. Everything is spinning in the right direction with spin test. The Holybro website says my details are “

• Autopilot Flight controller: [Pixhawk 6X (Standard Base)]& [PM02D-6S]
  • [M8N GPS Module]
  • [SiK Telemetry Radio V3 433/915MHz]
  • [X500 V2 Frame Kit ]
  • Preinstalled Items:
    • [Motors]- Holybro 2216 KV920 Motor (4 pcs) with XT30 Plug
    • [ESCs]- BLHeli S ESC 20A (4 pcs) with XT30 Plugs - Compatible with 4S Battery
  • [1045 Propellers (6 pcs)]
  • [Power Distribution Board](XT60 plug for battery & XT30 plug for ESCs & peripherals)”
    [actually I have carbon fiber 1045 Props now]

SO… what parameters should I change due to BLHeli S ESCs? Also, I saw there is a separate configurator program for ESCs… can I ignore that step?

Currently at boot up it says something like RCOut: PMW 1-16…even though I have set the motors in the motors configuration part of Mission planner to DS600.

Also, I never ran the Motor Calibration.

Advice? Like you are talking to a 5 year old :smile:

I would follow the “configuration” page on the docs for Copter first time setup.

https://ardupilot.org/copter/docs/configuring-hardware.html

Let me know if you get stuck anywhere

1 Like

Use Initial Parameters in MissionPlanner

We are stuck at the point of trying to bind the radio receiver to the EdgeTX RadioMaster. The receiver is a HolyBro RM81 and says to use FRSKY D8. we hold the tiny button on the receiver and plug in, we get a red flashing LED, we turn to TX12 Mark I and click Multi, then FRSKY D8, then BND and it makes a constant chirp. We wait and nothing is happening to indicate a bind. Therefore, we can’t see any green on the RC calibration screen. Stuck. Any assistance would be helpful!

I’ll try to upload the video as well.

1 Like

This doesn’t belong in Copter 4.3. There is one for Hardware>radios.

1 Like

did you power the rx down after the radiomaster was done chirping? usually that has to be done once the binding sequence is done. also you should update the multiprotcol in the radio if you haven’t below is a video on how to update the 4-1 in the tx16s which is very similar to the radio you have. you could also try the frsky D8 clone see if that works.

A Painless360 video about binding a radio in Arducopter>Copter 4.3?
Why?