Holybro s500 flight and tuning problem

Hey guys

I am Trying to set my drone Holybro S500 (Pixhwak 6c Controller + 4s 5200mah battery + 10 inches propellers ) ready to fly , but still can not hover it after the throttle is in the middle, l tried changing the parameters and PID, but still can’t fly.

l will be extremely grateful if someone can help

Thanks in advance

8 01-01-1980 08-00-00.bin

Holybro-S500.param (747 Bytes)

initial_parameters_S500.param (17.0 KB)

Provide a short flight log where a take-off attempt is made. There is nothing to see in this giant log file.

Hey, and thanks for your reply

l tried to do a flight test an hour ago, this is the log file l got

13 01-01-1970 08-00-00.bin

still can’t hover even when the throttle is Max

What ESC’s do you have? You have Dshot1200 configured on outputs that only support PWM. If you have BLHeli_32 ESC’s that support Dshot you have to use the AUX outputs and Dshot600.
Some of your PID tinkering doesn’t make sense. Reset back to the Initial Tune Parameters+the Holybro Parameters and start over.

You triple posted this?

The ESC is BLHeli S ESC 20A from Holybro, l will adjust it to Dshot 600, since l set it up to Dshot 1200.

thanks for your reply, l will try to adjust the PID and report the results here once its done

Kindly, this is the .bin file l got after l re-calibrated the ESC with Dshot600, and reset some PID parameters, it didn’t hover unfortunately even with Max throttle.

19 14-06-2023 20-51-24.bin

As I said if you expect to use Dshot you have to use the Aux outputs on that Flight Controller. Wire them to the Aux outputs and then configure those Servo outputs for the 4 motors.

After doing so make sure you run Motor Test In Mission Planner (props off) to confirm you have the proper motor order and direction.

ive had the holybro screw-on props unscrew themselves mid-flight (i presume what makes this possible is the rotational inertia + motor suddenly stopping + maybe some additional windmilling).

add some loctite to ensure this does not happen (dont get it on plastic, it can eat some plastics).

Hello again,

l re-calibrated the ESC with Normal Option, and the motors are all spinning well,

the .bin file after the flight test is attached below,

2023-06-15 19-14-23.bin