Holybro Kakute H7 V2 Questions

I plan to use Arducopter one of these boards for an AOS 7 build and ask if anyone help with these questions?

Can the VTX ON/OFF Pit Switch on the H7 V2 be configured in ArduCopter? If so, how is it done? It looks like it is set up for Betaflight only?

Concerning the 128 MB Flash for logging which replaces the SD card, after loading Copter will this just appear as drive in windows explorer?

Any help would be appreciated!

Can the VTX ON/OFF Pit Switch on the H7 V2 be configured in ArduCopter? If so, how is it done? It looks like it is set up for Betaflight only?

Yes. By default it is setup as RELAY2 so you can use a RELAY2 RC function to control it.

Concerning the 128 MB Flash for logging which replaces the SD card, after loading Copter will this just appear as drive in windows explorer?

No. To get logs you have to download them via mavproxy or MissionPlanner. Note that I recently found a performance issue that means log download is quite slow at the moment - Ensure that we don't read the same block more than once by andyp1per · Pull Request #21850 · ArduPilot/ardupilot · GitHub

@andyp1per Thanks for that information! Do you have an estimate when the log download speed will be fixed?

Hopefully will be merged this week, whether it makes it into 4.3 is up to @rmackay9

Thanks again. The H7 V2 looks good!

It should be in 4.3beta2

1 Like

My data flash on this board is f__k up. It does not record logs anymore. I tried clearing the logs in mission planner but this did not fix the issue. When I flashed the FC with Betaflight, there is a function in Betaflight to clear the data flash. I cleared it. When I re-flashed Ardupilot, I was abel to see two logs. Deleted the logs but since then it has again stop recording logs. Very frustrating because when you have a problem, the developers always request the logs. I guess a physical SD card is still better because you can replace it when something goes wrong. This one, once it stops recording, that’s it. And scripts are not supported. And as Andy noted, it is slow. No pros on this board. Its all cons.My big regret choosing this board.

How are you clearing logs? You want to select the “clear all logs” option as that does a full chip erase like betaflight does, you should then have no problem with logging.

Yes that’s what I did. Clear all logs. But the FC still does not record logs. Very strange.

After I’ve seen the functions of Betaflight, I think I will not fly my quad with it. It lacks all those whistles and bells that Ardupilot has. I hope the arming issue and the logging will soon be resolved.

I clear logs like this on a KakuteH7v2 and it records logs absolutely fine. What happens if you use mavproxy and log list

I have not used Mavproxy. I only started this QUAD I think around 3to4 months ago and have not explpored all the tools. What is Mavproxy if you don’t mind? Is it an APP that I need to install in my PC?

https://ardupilot.org/mavproxy/

Thanks. I will have a read.

According the the free memory size, there is no file saved in the data flash. I’m still trying to follow how to use MAVPROXY.

RAM != FLASH - you are looking at RAM, FLASH is entirely different

Opsss… Sorry. My bad.

Is this a similar issue I am experiencing? I don’t have the techncial expertice to verify.

I doubt it - you can verify by looking at the chip - send a photo

Hi @andyp1per
Has this Kakute H7 V2 log download performance issue been fixed as I am having problems downloading logs from the onboard memory?
I’m using ArduCopter V4.3.3 (34e8e02c) and when I try downloading a Selected Log

1. It takes a long time cf to a SD card FC

2. I get this error

Which stops creating the .bin file

3. These are the files that are downloaded.

Can anyone offer any guidance on this problem as it’s becoming way past my pay scale?
Thanks
Peter