HolyBro Kakute F7 Mini Support

Hi All,

Just a quick question: Does Ardupilot support the HolyBro Kakute F7 Mini? The frame I am using is very limited with space. I would like to use an F7 mini next to the stack so that I can put a more powerful VTX where a full size F7/F4 would go on top of the stack.

If it is supported, what functionality is being lost besides the SD card and the half a serial port?

Thanks for the support.

Dylan :slight_smile:

I think this FC should work, The biggest issue with boards not supporting Ardupilot is insufficient flash but this has 1MB. Someone will have to define the hardware definition files and compile it though. This would be a great candidate and superior to the Omnibus F4 Nano V6. Ask on the Gitter channel maybe someone will take it up :grinning:

@dkemxr, thanks for the reply. I reevaluated my frame last night and I found that I could keep the full sized FC and still get in the VTX that I want. So I won’t be getting the mini.

Out of curiosity, why do you say that the Kakute F7 Mini would be better than the Omnibus F4 Nano?

I have a couple Omni F4 Nano’s and they are fine but they are F4’s. Just the options for UART inversion is nice. I would think the IMU in the Mini would perform better than the Nano but people disagree about that.