Holybro Kakute F4 V2 Mini

Been a while, but I tried on a different pin with the same result - no TX detected. Flashed the board back to Betaflight with the same RX back on R3 pad, and no issues - everything detected correctly. Any ideas? Has anyone tried this FC with an SBUS receiver with success?

I don’t have an SBUS receiver to try I am afraid. Do the CRSF receivers support SBUS? I suppose I could try configuring one of those.

I have the same issue. I’m using a Futaba R7008SB (S-BUS) receiver. It works fine with betaflight, but with ardupilot, all my channels are 0 and don’t respond to any input.
Did anyone find how to fix that ?

Thanks !

Which type of Spektrum RX output did you use? I have come across a couple Spektrum RXs that I could try. PPM?, CPPM? SRXL? I don’t which ones your receiver can output.

I tested with a DSMX remote receiver

Ahh, the ones they sometimes refer to as “satellites”? Like this? DSMX Remote Receiver (SPM9745): Spektrum - The Leader in Spread Spectrum Technology

Yep, that kind of thing

Okay. I’ll try one of those. Thanks.

Hello again. I’m revisiting this FC, and happily found out that my SBUS RX that previously didn’t work now seems to work fine on the R3 pad, which is great! I’m having issues with my FPV/VTX setup that I’m wondering if anyone can help with. I’ve wired up everything as best I can tell on the FC, and I know both the VTX and camera should be working, as I get a nice video to the goggles when I connect the video lines of the two directly. However, when I run the video signal through the FC, all I get in the goggles is a black screen, no OSD, nothing, but also not just the normal analogue static. I’ve followed the instructions here, including for SmartAudio, which is what my VTX uses -Video Transmitter Support — Copter documentation and I believe I’ve used the correct serial settings found here Holybro Kakute F4 Mini — Copter documentation I’ve attached a parameter file for reference as well as a dataflash log which is logging from boot-up.
I’m fairly new to VTXs in general - but I believe this is the one I’m working with. AKK FX3-ultimate Mini VTX 20x20 VTX Support OSD/Smart Audio/Betaflight for RC Drone(5.8GHz,25-600mW,2-5S, MMCX&UFL) Part of my confusion lies in my understanding that even if the SmartAudio and/or OSD settings were doing nothing because they were configured incorrectly - wouldn’t I still get a video feed to my goggles?

kopis_VTX issue.param (17.8 KB)

2 12-31-1969 5-00-01 PM.bin (255.4 KB)

Can you post a picture of the wiring?

Sure! It’s a little hard to see in the photos, but the wiring from the camera is
Red -VCC / FC Side - 5V pad
Black - GND / FC Side - G pad
Yellow - VID / FC Side - VI “Video In” pad
and the wiring on the VTX is
Red - 7-24V / FC Side “B” pad - battery voltage
Black - G / FC Side - G pad
Yellow - VI / FC Side - Vo “Video Out” pad
Green - TBS (Smart Audio) / FC Side - TX6 pad
I have been referencing the pinouts from this document http://www.holybro.com/manual/Holybro_KakuteF4_V2_mini_Manual.pdf

It looks right, I don’t know why this would be except for hardware failure

Okay. Thanks Andy - I really appreciate you taking a look at it.