Holybro H743 Wing VTX power On/OFF

Hello:

According to the Holybro docs, I can turn the VTX ON/OFF via an ArduCopter “relay switch”. I have zero experience with relays and so far, having no success getting it to work.

Holybro H743 Wing
Flashed AC4.4.2

According to the HWDEF.DAT>KakuteH-wing (line #170):
-PINIO2 OUTPUT GPIO (82) High
-82:9V switch (VTX power)

In Mission Planner, I have set:
-If RELAY_PIN2 = -1 (will indicate 12V on the pin - I have jumpered that pin to 12V)
-If RELAY_PIN2 = 82 (will indicate 0V)
-RC15_OPTION = 28 (relay ON/OFF. Docs also show Option 34 which is relay2 ON/OFF)
-SERVO_GPIO_MASK = 16416 (which is SERVO6 & SERVO15)

So my lack of understanding here is, are the above settings correct and does the board “IO2” PIN have to be wired to the RX (my CH15) to switch the VTX power ON/OFF or can CH6 on SBUS do that?

Something else to check?

Ron

More info here:
Kakute H7-Wing

Hey Dave:

Thanks for the reply. I have referenced that document.

I did get it going, though was hoping to be able to switch both a Walksnail HD VTX and my gimbal ON/OFF. That pin won’t do both, so will use it only for the VTX. Too many starting amps I suppose, even though the docs say a surge to 3A.

Nope, don’t ask me how I got it going. I did go back to RC15_options and change to 34 - relay2. The rest I don’t know. One thing I did find was my CH15 trim was set to 1000, so I could only go from full min to mid way PWM. Fixed that and it started working. A bit disconcerting though, when ON voltage was 12.1V and when OFF - was never 0, showing a couple of volts.

Anyway, the Walksnail doesn’t give me any indication it’s powered on when I command OFF.

Last bug is the buzzer. It’s an old Pixhawk2 buzzer which I have it connected to the H743 buzzer + & - pins but no buzz. In MP, I set that pin to “80” as the params and the H743 HWDEF.DAT instructed. Meanwhile, in params after finding the buzzer param, apparently, the Dshot ESCs can act as the buzzer, a lot fainter than an external, but it works.

Will try to get a tune in tomorrow.

Ron