Hexsoon EDU650 ESC calibration problems

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0B7RJYT79?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details One thing i know that this one works perfectly with the Pixracer pro. But what does one do if your building a Y6 The flywoo is also not calibrating. T-Motor Velox V50A 6S 4IN1 32BIT ESC two thumbs up.

Thanks mate. I also wasn’t sure all 4 ESC’s were getting calibrated properly, so I disconnected them all and individually calibrated each one I turn, making sure I heard the beeps clearly. I think I’ve got it now - putting it all together to test …

This is not true - its controlled by a combination of the motors you are using and the ESCs. I can use the same ESC to control 300kv motors swinging 15" props and 2500kv motors swinging 4" props. The former requires a lot more power to spin up and thus generally requires a higher spin arm.

1 Like

I normal only use 960 kv 320 kv ,1700 kv. and 3000k I never once needed to change the spin rate setting in over 5 years. last week I needed to set a very high spin rate. needleless to say it did not fly well at all. Very possible the ESC. I did swap out to a new ESC and behold it calibrated and no spin adjustment was necessary. I have to bring up issue if something seems new in how i build.

Andy right now its just the blheli_s ESC’s i having issues with.The idea that i have to set the spin rate every time seems foreign to me.

I’m setting up the bigger Y6 this week and was able get perfect spin up without any spin up adjustments. I am using some old recycled 32 bit esc and a mRo control zero classic. Andy, I stand by what I said. Real 32 bit ESC’s right out of the box will calibrate without the need to adjust the spin rate. What i have tested the S type will no longer calibrate as expected and needs the old school radio calibration and then will spin up perfectly without manually adjusting not unlike Betaflight.

I found the BLHeli_S ESC I was looking for to bench test. Not that it matters but it’s a Xilo 40a 2-4S. On this bench test is running a 2204-1870kV motor. Configured it for Dshot 600, runs fine in motor test. For this combination these are the proper settings:
MOT_SPIN_ARM, 0.04
MOT_SPIN_MIN, 0.07 (perhaps after some flight testing this could require a minor adjustment).
Default of 10% ARM and 15% MIN would be completely inappropriate for this combination. Low throttle Stability would be compromised and you would be giving up a significant throttle range for no good reason.
I then flashed Bluejay firmware, which is dead simple, and configured the outputs for Bdshot and repeated the test with the same result accept now it’s supplying ESC RPM.

Just a comment about this statement:

BLheli_32 ESC’s, or any Dshot protocol firmware, do not require calibration and the MOT_SPIN_ARM and MOT_SPIN_MIN parameters are settings to be performed regardless of the protocol used as they are overall system dependent with several variables in play. It’s incorrect to suggest they don’t need attention when configuring a multirotor for best performance (what we want right?). It’s like saying you can leave the Motor Thrust Scaling parameters at default (0) and all will be well. Yea, it will fly but performance advantages are being left on the table.

2 Likes

What kind of max speed can be expected from the EDU-650?

I’ve configured it to follow an RC Plane that can fly uo to about 15 m/s - do you it will work?

Can the T-Motor Velox V50A 6S 4IN1 32 BIT ESC work with a cube orange? I would love to swap out the old fashioned ESC that come with the Hexsoon 650 EDU kit. Can you add a little more detail on this?

Yes - that’s a normal BLHELI_32 ESC so you can get all the ESC data logged and use DSHOT with it.