Hexacopter loiter problem again

[attachment=0]2015-06-02 12-59-26.bin[/attachment]

Hexacopter flies very well in stabilise mode.when I disarm and arm in either alt-hold or loiter mode the throttle starts the in a very low setting.But, when I raise throttle there is no change until I raise above 50%.Then it wants to climb rapidly.very scary.Very frustrating. LOGS included… :cry:

This was programmed this way to get the craft off the ground quickly to avoid tipping or getting caught in the prop wash.

In the next version of the firmware they have smoothed that out so its not as abrupt.

Keep in mind in these modes it will hover at 50% and go up when above that value and down when below that value with a safe margin added. So to take off you would need to be just over 60% to cause it to rise.

Now if the altitude is off when you take off the copter could jump. In your case the copter thought it was 2 meters in the ground and took off slightly quicker to get to a positive number.

Mike

Mike,
Will fly in either alt-hold or loiter mode and let you know how it go’s. :question:

Mike;
Hope you are doing well. I flew in alt-hold and loiter and the hexacopter flew very well in both modes.
Just got to set autotune and get PID’s set. Thanks again for all of your help! :smiley: