Hexa unstable take off

Hello guys,

i have a stability problem with my hexacopter…
the frame is Gryphon dynamics GD6 and i use APM 2.8
i have tried the newest version firmware at first and when i had this problem that i will discribe, i upload the version 3.2.1…
i have done all the calibrations many times…
So my problem is that when i arm the copter and try to take it off goes other times right and others front but never goes up straight…
Also if i have the copter on calibration mode then takes off straight up…
I have already checked the motors orientation and all things that i can imagine.

Maybe there is something that i cant think about because i am newbie in this hobby i need your help…

Hello
please provide your log from your flight attempt.
I’m not sure about APM 2.8 but this instructions should work.
http://ardupilot.org/copter/docs/common-downloading-and-analyzing-data-logs-in-mission-planner.html

Cheers Patrick

As @userr said, without a data flash log file we cannot tell what is going on.

What flight mode are you in?
Are you on level ground?
Do you have a GCS connected?

I am in stable mode and i havent a particular GCS but my laptop with mission planer in connection with telemetry.
Also if i understand what you mean, with the “level ground”, i have my drone on a rooftop…

About the log files, i try to download them but the terminal gives strange text, but i found a conversation about this topic for fixing it and i will try in the next week to download the logs…

Finally, i figured out how to download two files (one .bin and one .log) and i share a link for them

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/2wl0nt2aug3a35x/AACbr3DlLVRmRI_UrVEC3hEMa?dl=0

I hope to be the right ones … they have the correct date and i did only one try in this day…so i think they are correct…

thanks in advanced!

Just studied your logs:
Do have a GPS installed? If yes, it isn’t working…
Your Copter wants to stay level according to the logs.

My guess would be your motor configuration or APM orientation.
Check your APM orientation and check every motoroutput and spinning direction.
http://ardupilot.org/copter/docs/connect-escs-and-motors.html#motor-order-diagrams

You can use Motor Test in Mission Planner to turn each motor seperately.
Go to Initial Setup -> Optional Hardware -> Motor Test
PLEASE REMOVE YOUR PROPS BEFORE

Cheers
Patrick

Edit1: Your channel 4(yaw) seems strange. Have a look in the RC calibration.
Edit2: Channel 4 is okay. Except for for the trimvalue but shouldn’t be a problem. Sorry.

i check the motors and change them according to the link above. However after some test i lost a propeller but it seems this time turn to the right way (towards the motor w/o propeller) while before turn from the other side… so i think the problem was the motors configuration but i order a propeller and when i receive it i will try and i inform you about it…

By the way i haven’t gps installed in that try…

thanks very much for your advices!

be sure you have right motor number. and now you have find the reason,

Hi guys!
Finally I received the propeller and try to fly…
Fortunately it flied normally…
So the reason was the motors…
Thanks very much!

1 Like