HerePro moving baseline configuration issues

Thanks @Yuri_Rage,
I look forward to hearing about your results with the new CUAV system. We may need to explore another solution, so it would be great to get your insights on this.

Thereā€™s no good reason why DroneCAN F9P modules shouldnā€™t produce outstanding results. But I think weā€™ve found a bug (or a confusing config issue).

I wouldnā€™t use my own Here3+ modules (M8P based) for a moving baseline config on a real vehicle, but it should be entirely possible, and they suffer the same apparent issue during bench testing. I will keep the bench test rig intact while we await resolution.

Iā€™ve appealed for help in the relevant Discord channel as well and will keep you informed if discussion there moves things forward.

No response so far. @amilcarlucas, any suggestions or other cages to try rattling?

I know the Here3+ isnā€™t the best hardware for the use case, but the HerePro should work quite wellā€¦and it doesnā€™t seem to work at all as a moving baseline configured module.

Are both modules Here3+? Have you tried contacting Hex/ProfiCNC ?

@amilcarlucas, the OPā€™s problem is with a pair of HerePro modules, but it seems to extend to my pair of Here3+ modules as well (used for testing here, as itā€™s what I have on hand, and the issue seems reproducible).

I previously raised this issue, but I think the problem is worse than just reverting back from moving baseline, as no one seems to be able to configure Here GPS modules for yaw.

I tagged Tridge, Randy, and ProfiCNC in a post above (and I think in another related thread from this summer), and I recently made a brief inquiry on the #hardware Discord channel. While Iā€™m sure it isnā€™t personalā€¦feeling a bit ignored here.

I can not test, sorry. I advise you two to ask profiCNC again.

Understood, Amilcar. I just know youā€™re a bit more active in discussion here.

@proficnc, requesting your assistance, please.

Replied to a relevant topic on the CubePilot forums:

Dual HerePro (GPS for yaw) with no yaw and satellite - HerePro - Cubepilot

Due to complete lack of response by the AP development team and CubePilot alike, Iā€™m afraid all I can do is recommend that you return these expensive paper weights and use a more proven solution like dual Zed-F9P serial breakout boards like those available from Sparkfun or ArduSimple.

Perhaps that sounds harsh. If it does, itā€™s probably taken in the correct context.

@Yuri_Rage @zoran I am looking into this issue. Please note that Here hardware is maintained by CubePilot not Ardupilot. This is not the correct forum for discussion. Its best to move to CubePilot forum for further discussion. I have created a post there to continue looking into this issue. HerePro Alpha module Moving Baseline issue - Cubepilot

To be fair, it was hard to know whether this was an ArduPilot or a CubePilot problem. I think weā€™ve narrowed it to a CubePilot problem, and, as you saw, I attempted to both tag an appropriate username here and move conversation to the other forum site. Both went unanswered for several days.

Thank you very much for taking a look.

Hi @Yuri_Rage and @bugobliterator, thank you both for your support with this. I will keep checking this space for any updates and will also keep trying on my end.