HERE + Firmware Problem, U-blox software not finding COM port once driver installed

SOLVED please note, install only the U-center software, that is all it needs to be done; the driver to create the COM port is part of the installation and it works.

Hi everyone. I have been trying to update the firmware for the HERE + using the protocol described in:

But something weird is happening, and U-control software is not finding a com port to establish communication with the ground GPS connected through USB. Additionally; I have tried uninstalling the driver and reinstalling it, and also the u-control software but nothing happens.

I am using WIndows 10. Also, in my desktop, it ended up affecting the ability to connect the RDF900x radio. I had to restore the computer to its previous state.

Windows is connecting GPS devices since Windows 7 i think as a Sensor. It is no longer a COM Port. Try “Location API” in ucenter

ok. Will try. By the way, I was updating firmware and software went blank. Now it lists the COM, but is gray, which means another application is using it…although I have nothing else running.