Help with Diagnostics - Rover - Unhealthy GPS and GPS2 yaw prearm

I’m having a couple of issues, and a bit lost in the selection and use of the web based diagnostic tools.

Problem 1: Unhealthy GPS - I have 29 satellites on both GPS’s, NTRIP alive, HDOPs of .5 (on average), clear view of the sky, and haven’t run the methodic configurator (still figuring out the install - had a breakthrough today, but FC is 20min drive).

Ask 1: Is there a plot setup in particular, or a preset that can illuminate what is causing the Unhealthy GPS flag?

Problem 2: With no configuration changes, now getting a prearm error of GPS2 yaw not available when I arm. Can still move in manual with RC xmitter.

Ask 2: Same as Ask1 wrt prearm and yaw checks

bin file here - thx for any pointers…cd

ArduRover V4.5.4 (fe4831dd)
ChibiOS: 6a85082c
Official release:
APMrover2-stable, Rover-4.5.4

Flight Controller

Pixhawk6X 0037004B 34325104 34363336

Board ID: 53 PX4_FMU_V6X

HW report: UnhealthyGPS.PrearmGPSyaw.hwreport.pdf - Google Drive

Which GPS units are you using?

An initial look at your bin long shows that your GPS modules only achieve RTK Fixed (6) for a short period before dropping back to RTK Float (5):

RTK Fixed is required for GPS-yaw to work correctly.

Hey Stephen - first, thanks for your contributions as a developer!

My radios are simpleRTK2B Budget ( u-blox ZED-F9P ) set up per the GPS yaw notes from @Yuri_Rage and others.

How can you determine from the chart the degradation? Is a “6” rtk-fixed, and a “5” rtk-float? If you can point me to any docs that explain, much appreciated. Trying not to take valuable time from ya’ll, but didn’t find in my searches…cd

Yes, that’s correct. The definitions of the datatypes in the logfile are over at Onboard Message Log Messages — Rover documentation

1 Like

Perfect - thanks for the magic decoder…cd