Help with airspeed sensor

Hi

I’m having trouble installing a airspeed sensor via I2C port on pixhawk cube with the last firmware.
I have one as show in ardupilot instructions for plane and followed all the steps without success.
I used for the ARSPD_PIN the value off 15 and 65, for the ARSPD_BUS the value 0, 1 and 3, and for the ARSP_TYPE chose all the sensor available.
I also check the connections, VCC, ground, SCL and SDA, it seems all okay.
Any ideas?
The mission planner don’t show any readings in all the combinations.

Thanks

Had these settings working well, but with a Pixracer and ArduPlane 3.8.4.

Maybe you can have the tubes inverted. To avoid it you can change:

ARSPD_TUBE_ORDER = 2

Thanks for the quick responses.

I have tried both without success, maybe a default sensor or I2C port malfunction?

Anyone with Piixhawk Cube?

What airspeed sensor are you using?

Anyone please :slight_smile:

Check the pin on the I2C connector of the Cube.

ARSPD_TYPE = 1 >> 4525 airspeed
ARSPD_PIN = 65 >> Cube

1 Like

Hi Aticof
Thank you very much!
It all works now, the strangest thing is that I have to reboot the Pixhawk for all start working.

For example the speed sensor (i2c) is connected to the Holybro Pixhawk 4. Airspeed sensor 4525D is connected to Port B tested by H Pixhawk 4 ArduPlane V3 9 4 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0j0S4UuJcSk&t=22s . Digital airspeed sensor 4525D 5 with PCA9306 dual bidirectional I2C−bus voltage−level translator https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05s3bGiqvVU&t=38s
ARSPD_AUTOCAL,0
ARSPD_BUS,2
ARSPD_FBW_MAX,22
ARSPD_FBW_MIN,9
ARSPD_OFFSET,23.7202
ARSPD_PIN,65
ARSPD_PRIMARY,0
ARSPD_PSI_RANGE,1
ARSPD_RATIO,1.9936
ARSPD_SKIP_CAL,0
ARSPD_TUBE_ORDER,2
ARSPD_TYPE,1

Glad you got it working. I’m having similar issues. Which value of ARSPD_BUS did you find worked for the Pixhawk Cube I2C 2 port in the end please? Thanks!

To answer my own question, in case anyone else is looking for the bus for the Cube, arspd_bus=0 worked for me in the end.

Did you also have the gps/mag on the same i2c port, and did they both work simultaneously?

Used an mRobotics integrated GPS/Mag and Pixracer. Plugged a cable from the GPS port on the Pixracer to the main port on the GPS/Mag, then ran a small i2c cable from the GPS/Mag’s i2c port to the airspeed sensor.