Help on APM 2.5 Firmware

Hey guys,

I just bought a Apm 2.5, installed Mission planner 1.2.74 and all the setup was working.

Then i wanted to put the latest Firmware ArducopterV3 for Quad, and since the upload i can not connect anymore on the APM.

Still visible in Windows 7. Drivers OK
one led ON on the Board (Power)
can not upload a new firmware since Mission planner can t connect to it…

I m lost,

I checked all the forum, and check Port/USB etc, everything was working before my firware upgrade and i did not change anything except the upgrade…

Can anybody help me pls…

Thanks

@petitjul,
Many PC USB ports cannot provide enough current to the APM so there is insufficient voltage available to run the APM properly.
If you can get to the four square pwb pads on the edge of the GPS you can measure the voltage that the USB port is supplying. I have found USB ports that only provided 4.40 vdc under load which is not enough for the APM to run correctly. So you might want to try and use a powered USB port. This has worked for me.
Regards,
TCIII Admin

Thanks,

Changing for a new USB and many other try, i finally been able to connect it and change firware, But now i have this message in the Terminal :

3No dataflash inserted3COMPASS INIT ERROR…

And i off course ahve no Compass working after connection in misssion planer.

I m stuck, is my board fried?
after checking on forums, it looks like the compass/baro is not working anymore.

Tried to reset everything, but no luck//…

Any advise, should i just ship it back to get a new one?

Thanks

[quote=“petitjul”]Thanks,

Changing for a new USB and many other try, i finally been able to connect it and change firware, But now i have this message in the Terminal :

3No dataflash inserted3COMPASS INIT ERROR…

And i off course ahve no Compass working after connection in misssion planer.

I m stuck, is my board fried?
after checking on forums, it looks like the compass/baro is not working anymore.

Tried to reset everything, but no luck//…

Any advise, should i just ship it back to get a new one?

Thanks[/quote]
Hi Petijul,
I notice that you have an error that says no dataflash inserted.
You must have an SD memory card inserted in the dataflash slot (and seated).
Pops loose on my PX4 every once in a while and it doesn’t like that either.
Best Regards,
Gary :wink:

is there any solution for that?

Hi there,

Sorry, I can’t contribute to the above discussion, but my dilemma is related to firmwear. If there is a better place to post this please let me know.

I downloaded the Mission Planner software (version 1.2.74 mav 1.0). When I go to the “Initial Setup” screen there are icons for six different multi-copter configurations, rover, plane, and traditional helicopter. The “x” (ArduCopter V3.0.1 Quad) configuration is there but not the “+”. Just like the screen shot posted above. I tried right and left clicking the “x” icon but that didn’t offer the “+” version. I must be missing some basic step. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

@JCHoopsalot,
You might want to post your issue here: diydrones.com/forum/categori … orCategory to get a better response.
Regards,
TCIII Admin