HELP ME with this issue

I am using APM 2.8 for my Hexacopter. While arming my Motors are not spinning at same speed . Based on the throttle, Motors spinning one by one… At maximum throttle only all are spinning. During esc calibration all look fine…that time motors spinning at same speed. Pls help me with this issue.

If you are doing this on the bench without props it’s meaningless. And the APM Flight Controller is long obsolete.

with propellers on, I have to do the calibration…?

What he says is that if you expect to see an flight mode that regulate the speeds, as in flight… Then don’t expect to make it behave well on the bench.
If it runs fine during calibration, then try to fly, not “dry run on bench”

It’s amazing how this issue pops up once a week.

For all the other users out there: follow the instructions, do not try to devise your own “experiments” if you do not have basic understanding of closed-loop control theory.

maybe there should be a dedicated doc page for those tabletop pilots?
if such a page was linked to from the ESC calibration page, and some other basic setup pages, that would catch at least a decent percentage of those that dream of dry-testing and then complain about crash detection, disarming, and odd motor speeds.

We answer the same question here, at least once a week. But no one looks :frowning:

And the Esc calibration pages are OK, the problem is people thinking that they can create better “experiments” than those stated in the documentation.

So YES, a big read WARNING on the documentation, would be nice to have.