Helicopter crashed after failed loiter attempt

But it all happened in stablize mode i dont how it how gps could effect this and also i have done lots of testing and tunning there on same spot flown this heli so many times on that same roof never ever had this problem whenever it happened in past i luckily saw on ground before flight without even arming i see that swash plate is tilting very extreme and on ground control ahrs showing horizon almost flipped so i just Power cycle the and that seems to fixed it nonetheless its very unreliable and scary amy tips what should i don to avoid this

The walls are not very tall at all the walls are only 1 feet. Doesn’t interfere anything very clear aly to look at

This is only if you use the ACRO_OPTIONS for “Rate Loop Only”. Regular Acro uses attitude to ensure the aircraft attitude matches the target attitude. Its not a bad idea to have this option. Especially since you only have one IMU. If you had a controller with multiple IMUs then you could run multiple EKFs. Now in this case, it may not have saved you as if the only GPS was causing problems for the one EKF then all of them probably would see the same issue.

2 Likes