Heewing T1 Ranger VTOL

Her are a few pictures of my new T1 Ranger VTOL. It is not ment for long endurance, but for having fun and testing out tilt motor VTOLs. All in a small and safe package :slight_smile:

The model sports a number of own design parts including front tilt-motor system, rear motor-mount, soft mount for FC (Matek h743 Wlite) ++. All printed in Onyx carbon reinforced nylon (Markforged x7).

It has Crossfire control link, ESP8266 Wifi telemetry, air speed sensor, quick mount DJI FPV camera-pod etc.
RTF including DJI camera pod and 1500mah 4s is 730grams.

I will be performing the first test-hops indoor and move outdoor as soon as the weather improves :slight_smile:

IMG_20220716_220832_Bokeh (Stor)

5 Likes

Good help is hard to come by these days :slight_smile:

6 Likes

More rugged and still light landing gear bent and soldered together from 1.5mm piano wire. Clips into the the original mount. I need a landing gear to give some protection the vertical crossfire antenna.

I have now done the manual tuning in q_stab, q_althold and q_loiter and also tried out the new Quiktune script. The litte VTOL flies quite well now as a multirotor :slight_smile:

I am a bit short on space on my property for a full transition to FW, but I have tried several short (abandoned) transitions, and the Ranger seems to do well without loosing altitude. Next up is a full transition followed by a calibration of the airspeed sensor in loiter mode.

1 Like

Super work, really great! :+1: I have the same idea in my head at the moment. Would it be possible for you to share the CAD files? Thanks in advance.
Best regards,
Martin

1 Like

You have Paw approval the cats whiskers lol

1 Like

Ive just recieved my T1 Ranger and will start putting it together,still got lots to think about not sure on final radio set up yet and will be couple of weeks untill I receive the VTOL upgrade,im really looking forward to this project lots to read and learn plus buy more bits

1 Like

Sorry. I did not se your reply earlier. All the files are published on Printables

1 Like

Search for: VTOL hangout - Nano Drak/Hewing T1 others on FB. Lots of activity there :smile:

1 Like

Very nice, Iā€™m looking for parts to convert my T1 Ranger, (the Hee-wing conversion kit is $159 crazy). I have a sky-hunter that i converted to VTOL so i have a good config to start from.

1 Like

Does anyone know if you can add the airspeed indicator to the v1 flight controller with pitot tube like the cube orange ? to get true airspeed ?