Have PWM informations of the Pixhawk 2 on an arduino card

Hello,
I am trying to make an autonomour boat with the Pixhawk 2 controller.
The problem is that I need to control to special motors from Torqeedo.
To control this motors I think I have to transform the PWM informations from the output of the Pixhawk in the special bus of the motors.
My problem is that I don’t know how I can read the informations from the PWM outputs of the Pixhawk 2.
Can someone help me ?

can you link us a document explaining the “special bus”? Maybe it already supports it or can be added to ArduPilot

I can’t for the moment because I am waiting a reply from the company.
When I will have this informations, I will give you !

How Can I add bus on ArduPilot ?

A couple options:

Step 1 would be to contact the mfgr (like you did) and get the spec.Without the spec no one knows wheat to do. It could be trivial… you haven’t given us any details to go on so we’re in the dark.

Ok I just Ask to read the pwm on an Arduino Card. I am sorry if can’t give you more informations, I don’t have them !
Stay cool ! I am just asking for someone have ideas, if you can’t help me, it doesn’t mater ! It’s ok ! Thanks you

Torqeedo motor use RS485 with their proprietary protocol. and you need read the motor’s state information and send your command to the motor.

Okey thank you, arduino can read RS485 ? Okey for that, but how I can translate the PWM from the pixhawk to the correct command ?

You can use a ttl to 485 module. if you have the proprietary protocol, you can convert the PWM to the correct command easily.

Oh yes it’s a good Idea !
Yes but I have problems to read the pwm on Arduino. I use the pulseIn command but it work just with one output, and not really good… And it don’t work if I choose the incorrect delay.

Okey so the protocol is been based on RS485, if I convert my arduino output with a ttl to rs485 converter it can be work.
So I just have to make the protocol and send it on one pin for TX and read the response on RX.
But the motors have to be isolated, so If I send my informations on two different shields, I can have a problem ! They are ttl to rs485 isolated shields ? I don’t find that…
Or I have to use different Tx and Rx for each motor and send the same datas on both ?

Also interessed in controling torqeedo’s with Arduino, is it 4 wire rs485? Which and how many rs485 modules do you use for each motor?

Nous it’s 2 wires and I use 1 module per motor.

Ok thx i thought it would be 4 wire because the connector has 5 pins. Have you already received the protocol frol torqeedo?

Yes, but I can’t give you the informations because it’s private. If you want, you have to contact the tecnical service of Torqeedo. And they will give you the informations After a meeting.

If you find out information on how to connect these motors, let’s add it to the wiki so others can figure it out as well.

Hi Antoine,

Did you get the interface for Pixhawk control of Torqeedo motors working?

I would be very interested in your solution. I have Torqeedo motors and have received the protocol information from Torqeedo under an NDA but the solution seems too time consuming for me.

I would be willing to pay for a solution.

Please contact me if you would like to discuss this.

Best regards,

Hi rmackay9,

Did you see my reply to your message.

I am very interested in discussing the Torqeedo solution further with you.

Best regards,

Gabriel

Yes, nice, what’s your project and what kind of motor do you use ?
I am sorry but I have too much work now… It’s the Season in my society.
If you want, you Can contact me After August, normaly I will finish my
project.
Thank you !

I am also looking for a torqeedo solution.
Willing to pay for an interface, analogue voltage to motor protocol
Any help appreciated
Thanks!