Has anybody been successful in using IR-Lock for precision landing with ArduCopter 4.0.x?

Hi,

I have not been successful in getting the IR-Lock solution to work on an Iris running ArduCopter 4.0.4 (latest off Copter-4.0 branch). The HEAL value in the PL block of the logs is 1, but all the other values never deviate from 0. The SF11/C seems to be working fine since I’m getting good values from it for altitude.

I’m going to try the last 3.6 release to see if there is any different behavior.

Thanks,

Rob

It didn’t work with 3.6.12 either. Heal is 1 in the PL parameters block of the log, but all the other values are 0. The Pixy does detect the infrared beacon since the light blinks red when it passes over the beacon. The logs for 4.0.4 and 3.6.12 are in the folder here:

Also, I’m building from source. PRECISION_LANDING is enabled by default right? I’m seeing the config parameters downloaded and I’m seeing the data in the log file so I’m assuming its enabled.

I just had a successful landing with the recently released Copter 4.0.4, but it was intermittent. I’m not sure why it works sometimes and not others yet.