H6 Configuration Help Please

Hi all,

I am new into building and flying these drones, having only built and tested a fairly standard quadcopter so far. I am in the process of building a hexacopter and I have been using the Cube Orange as the flight controller. In order to setup the H6 configuration within mission planner, I have selected the 6 motors image and then clicked on the H-configuration. However, the black-dot has not turned up in the selection bubble…

This page: Connect ESCs and Motors — Copter documentation does not provide information on the H6 motor ordering either, so I am stuck on where to go from here.

Checking the parameter list, FRAME_CLASS is set to 2 and FRAME_TYPE is set to 3, which seems fine… but does this mean that the controller has H-6 pre-installed? If not, please guide me through what I must do. Thank you so much for your time.

As a follow up to my previous question, which configurations are currently available in Copter 4.2.1. Would H6 be included? If so how would I find the motor ordering diagrams?

All help is greatly appreciated!

Can you please post a pic of your multicopter, pls ? I’ve yet to see a H6, yours will be the first :wink:

Yea, I haven’t seen one either most likely because it’s not a supported frame type. FRAME_TYPE 3 is H4. If you set that with a Hex CLASS it will auto assign the outputs the same as X.

Custom motor mixing I suppose is an option or potentially just use Hex X depending on what it looks like.

Hello, thanks for your replies, I found this image on another website of effectively what I want to build:
H6 Hexacopter Diagram

I don’t have the frame built yet, since I wanted to make sure this is doable before I start building.

This website: Multi-rotor motor mixing calculator, based on my planned dimensions provides the following code:
add_motor_raw(AP_MOTORS_MOT_1, -0.75, 1, AP_MOTORS_MATRIX_YAW_FACTOR_CCW, 1);
add_motor_raw(AP_MOTORS_MOT_2, -0.75, -1, AP_MOTORS_MATRIX_YAW_FACTOR_CCW, 2);
add_motor_raw(AP_MOTORS_MOT_3, 0.75, 1, AP_MOTORS_MATRIX_YAW_FACTOR_CW, 3);
add_motor_raw(AP_MOTORS_MOT_4, 0.75, -1, AP_MOTORS_MATRIX_YAW_FACTOR_CW, 4);
add_motor_raw(AP_MOTORS_MOT_5, 0.75, 0, AP_MOTORS_MATRIX_YAW_FACTOR_CCW, 5);
add_motor_raw(AP_MOTORS_MOT_6, -0.75, 0, AP_MOTORS_MATRIX_YAW_FACTOR_CW, 6);

But I am not sure where I put that into? Thanks again for all the help!