Gyro and accel filter

I tried autotune at 0.075 but no good results. The values were too low and it felt sluggish. It felt better after the 0.1 tune when I just pulled back a bit on the values.

So I guess manual tuning is my way to go now. Do you have any tips on manual fine tuning? I know you work with tuning aircraft for money so I understand if you don’t want to give away your specific methods

Actually, I wrote out my process on the wiki.
https://ardupilot.org/copter/docs/ac_rollpitchtuning.html#ac-rollpitchtuning

Thanks!

I have some ideas of how I’m going to work towards a great tune for this aircraft.

I have quite low noise levels in the FFT plot but looking at my RATE.Xout values, they are sometimes over 0.2 and peaks at 0.3 which is too high right?

My Idea is as follows

• Lower my PID and Accel max a bit to make it more smooth.

• Try to fine tune my harmonic notch filter

• Adjust Gyro filter and the RATE filters to cope with the RATE.Xout noise

• Autotune with 0.1 aggr (using 0.75 gave strange results)

• Lower the values a bit (I believe I will have to do that even if I get noise down to improve autotune)

• Fine tune using logs to monitor the overshoot on each axis (des vs actual)

• Lastly lower my angle P a bit and my Accel max (I like when the craft is not so twitchy, more smooth)

I gonna jump in here. If you want a smoother flying aircraft then you’ll want to increase your ATC_INPUT_TC. I would not arbitrarily lower ANGLE_P gains just to make it more smooth. That gain is primarily to help with disturbance rejection like getting hit by a gust and how fast the aircraft corrects it’s attitude due to the disturbance.

ATC_INPUT_TC changes how fast the aircraft achieves the steady state attitude that you command by your stick inputs. However this only applies to stabilize mode and ALTHOLD. If you are using ACRO then you will have to use the ACCEL_MAX params or in 4.3.0, there is a new parameter called RATE_TC which affects how fast the aircraft achieves steady state rate which is what you command in acro with your stick.