Gstreamer Video Graying out every 30 seconds

Hi, I am transmitting Video from an onboard computer to Mission planner, but the video becomes all grayed out intermittently, around every 30 seconds or so.

I have a Raspberry Pi 3 running the latest Rasbian OS fully updated, transmitting to a windows 10 Asus laptop with i7, 16gig ram, 64 bit, Nvidia GTX 950M.
(I previously had it running on Ras pi 4, and had the same problem).

It is transmitting through a high speed modem, at close range, so connectivity is not a problem. The pi is currently powered from a usb battery, and has no direct connection to anything else.

This is what im entering into the pi through ssh, (camera is a rasp cam embedded).

sudo raspivid -t 0 -h 720 -w 1024 -fps 25 -b 2000000 -o - |
gst-launch-1.0 -v fdsrc !
h264parse !
rtph264pay config-interval=1 pt=96 !
udpsink host=192.168.1.100 port=5600

This is what the gstreamer pipeline is on Mission planner

rtspsrc location= rtsp://192.168.1.101:8554/cam0 !
application/x-rtp ! rtpjpegdepay ! videoconvert !
video/x-raw,format=BGRA ! appsink name=outsink

I have scoured forums for days and tried a bunch of things, and did the one hour top tech paul mchworter gstreamer course, but alas, I cant figure it out.

the missionplanner pipeline is wrong.
as its got a jpeg depay, and should be a h264 at a guess from your RPI string

udpsrc port=5600 buffer-size=90000 ! application/x-rtp ! decodebin ! queue leaky=2 ! videoconvert ! video/x-raw,format=BGRA ! appsink name=outsink sync=false

1 Like

mission planner should automatically start the video as well in your setup

ahhhh okyssss!
Awesome sauce!
I was wondering about that! (Mission planner automatially picking it i mean).
OK thanks Michael, I will try it now!
Pete.

Well there ya goooooo! It worked! Crystal clear video thanks Michael!

Im not entirely sure what you mean by “mission planner should automatically start the video”.

Ive entered this into gstreamer on mission planner

udpsrc port=5600 buffer-size=90000 ! application/x-rtp ! decodebin ! queue leaky=2 ! videoconvert ! video/x-raw,format=BGRA ! appsink name=outsink sync=false

but the video does not start playing until I ssh into the raspberry pi and enter

sudo raspivid -t 0 -h 720 -w 1024 -fps 25 -b 2000000 -o - |
gst-launch-1.0 -v fdsrc !
h264parse !
rtph264pay config-interval=1 pt=96 !
udpsink host=192.168.1.100 port=5600

Am i missing something? Or is this normal procedure?

the ssh into the pi will always be required unless you set it to run at startup.

what i mean is you should be able to ssh into the pi, run that command
then just open MP and it should display video, no other action required.

1 Like

okys yep that makes perfect sense, thanks Michael!

Ive also noticed your name on lots of the software pages, so thanks for taking the time out to help me with my problem. Keep up the awesome work you are doing on everything!