GPS Yaw Issue(s)

Hi All,

I have a machine utilizing two F9P GNSS modules for yaw connected to a Cube Orange+, both via serial.
Experiencing the seemingly well known “GPS Yaw not available” and “GPS Not Healthy” warnings.

Other posts here seem to indicate this is likely due to the correction data not being able to transit through the FC between the GPS modules fast enough - Does anyone know if this has been investigated in depth yet?

Interestingly, there seems to be a couple of different issues throwing the same errors:

1. GPS2 reports RTKFloat (5) “Yaw not available” and/or “GPS Unhealthy” messages displayed.
    my assumption here is this is very likely due to correction data not being available, or at least not updating fast enough.

and the interesting one…

1. GPS2 reports RTKFixed (6) though “GPS2 Unhealthy” prearm still apparent.
    The aircraft will not arm in loiter mode, however if you change to althold the prearm goes away (though presumably GPS is STILL “unhealthy”), at which time you can arm, take off and move into loiter mode quite happily.
    Even more interesting still, if you go through this process and then immediately land the “GPS Unhealthy message” does not return. This seems like either a bug, or another instance of the prearm messaging not always being entirely accurate or helpful.

I should note that both GPS’ have adequate signal reception and 15-20 satellites visible.

Any of the devs have some insight?
Cheers

This isn’t a bug or well known issue…unless the well known issue is poor configuration.

Share a log or at least your parameter file.

1 Like