GPS lock

Hi,
I’m not working RTL mode, described in the instructions that I have a GPS lock, can you please advise what is the GPS lock?, GPS lock occurs automatically or do I have to set manually? How do the Mission Planner that I have GPS lock? What is GPS: 3D Fix?
Thank you in advance for your help
Petr

APM 2.6

You have a GPS lock when the GPS has seen enough satellites in the sky to allow safe operation. It is automatic and in mission planner you will see your position shown on the map when connected to the 2.6 via USB.

The GPS needs to be able to see the sky. Either through a window or in an open field. It could take up to 15 minutes for the first lock on a new system.

Seeing enough sky is the important thing.

Hi,
Thanks for the quick reply.
The mission planner see the green sign copter and three GPS line, it means that I have a GPS lock? Fly in a large meadow with a sufficient view, in Stabilize and Auto mode - that’s OK.
The problem is in RTL mode, after switching from mode to Stabilize RTL mode is copret not return only drops to a specified height, how do I remove this problem?
With thanks and best regards
Petr

Are you leaving the machine in one place for a couple of minutes so it finds home before taking off??

Have you programmed the switch to RTL on your transmitter??

Hi,
Thanks, my copter in RTL mode is restored to the starting point, I left it a long time (about 20 minutes) to stand in one place.
With thanks and best regards
Petr