GPS failure or reporting error?

I’ve been using 3.1 since it’s release without any problems on a small quad with mediatekGPS but today about halfway into the flight my minimosd reported NO GPS FIX. I continued flying and noticed the arrow was always pointing correctly home. It also showed 11 sats on GPS. Here is the TLog. I’m using APM2.6 with built in mag.

steve

@f11music,
Are you sure that you are using an APM2.6 as the APM2.6 does not have a built-in compass and must be used with an external compass?
Regards,
TCIII Developer

Onboard video of same flight. Shows NO GPS FIX at about 40%.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HeOCVolh7Jk[/youtube]

[quote=“TCIII”]@f11music,
Are you sure that you are using an APM2.6 as the APM2.6 does not have a built-in compass and must be used with an external compass?
Regards,
TCIII Developer[/quote]

Yes it is APM2.5

So it looks like it did lose GPS lock for a moment during the flight so the question is why didn’t the minimOSD realise that the GPS had recovered? I’ve never looked at the internals of the MinimOSD code so I can’t say. Sandro is the original developer on that one but I’m not sure how much luck you’ll have trying to find him and ask him to look into it.

Thanks. I know Sandro but will post this on the minim-extra thread. I’m sure Gábor or Sandro can figure it out.

diydrones.com/forum/topics/addin … 434&page=9

As you have added this to the MinimOSD thread, I am marking this as solved :slight_smile:
Thanks