Google Maps and Live Data Graph not working Mac OSX 10.8.5

I am having issues with the “Google Hybrid” option in the drop-down “options” tab in the mapping display.
The maps that appear do NOT contain any satellite imagery, but instead just appear to display the roads network. (see attached image).
The Google map map tiles do not appear to ever finish loading - there always seem to be 5 or so that never complete.

Another slight ‘bug’ seems to be that it is impossible to prevent the mapping system displaying the “trail dots”. Even when you clear the map and then select “no trail” from the “add trail dot” drop down “options” menu.

Are these issues just both a function of the MP 2.0.8 software not yet being compatible with OSX 10.8.5?

Any suggestions welcome.

details of equipment used:

APM 2.5.2 connected via USB Mavlink.
Mac OSX 10.8.5

APM Planner v2.0.8
(7452ec34-2.0.8)

I am having the same issue on Lion… no google maps data for satellite photos last 4-5 tiles never finish loading etc…

hotel zulu lima

Same problem here

Mac OSX 10.9.2

This is a known issue with Google maps, until we pusha fix the workaround is to use Bing or OSM.

Any ideas why I am still experiencing this problem?

[color=#0000FF]Another slight ‘bug’ seems to be that it is impossible to prevent the mapping system displaying the “trail dots”. Even when you clear the map and then select “no trail” from the “add trail dot” drop down “options” menu.[/color]

I am also experiencing the ‘temperature affecting roll data’ issue mentioned by others over on DIYdrones forum.

Can you provide a link?

And please start a new topic for new questions. Thx