Glitches during test flights

I’m running ArduCopter 3.4.5. Using a UHF RC control system talking to a Navio2 through SBUS.

In flight, the aircraft suffers glitches in roll, pitch, and throttle. While the quadcopter is flyable, the glitches cause it to have instantaneous small convulsions in roll, pitch and or throttle. It is almost like it is having problems with static discharges the way an RC helicopter with a belt-driven tail can have them. Of course here there are no belts.

This is an extension of the same problem I’ve been having with the chattering motors while unarmed.

I’ve got a nice log from the last test flight - what can I look for to check this out?

Thanks,

Paul

Check the RCIN values and see if they flat line during flight.

Mike

Please interpret this view of the RC-IN channels 1-4 during the test flight.

I am not familiar of how “flat” the line should be.

Thanks,

Paul

Here is the RC-OUT for the same flight:

Ok, 1500 is middle position of the Pitch and Roll. Throttle is 1000 low to 2000 high.

If your receiver checks out there will be a spot where they go to 1000 or 0 if they are programmed to go there.

In some case the receiver will hold the last value so that is not good either. Flat line so to speak.

Not seeing any issues with your flight though. We should see spots where the signal drops out causing the motors to shutdown. Not seeing that…

I will say that your pitch and roll seem a little scratch as they seem to be moving around a bit.

Mike

Thanks Mike, I lodged an entry on this topic in the Navio2 forum and will see what comes of that.

Paul