Getting gstreamer feed in Mission Planner

I have installed gstreamer-1.0-x86-1.9.1 on windows 7 with mission planner 1.3.62. I’m trying to get a video feed in from a Raspberry Pi but I cant even get a test feed to work. I used the test string
videotestsrc ! video/x-raw, width=1280, height=720,framerate=25/1 ! clockoverlay ! videoconvert ! video/x-raw,format=BGRA ! appsink name=outsink

This was suggested by Michael in the post Mission planner gstreamer pipeline question from november.

I’m getting the following fault:

You need to install the gstreamer 1.0-x86_64-1.9.2.msi package from here. I don’t think MP works with the x86 package.

Thanks. I’ll give that a try

I’m getting the same fault with gstreamer 1.0-x86_64-1.9.2.msi installed.

When I pull up the menu at ctrl-f. and click gstream I get the following message

Is there a particular file location that Mission Planner is expecting Gstreamer executable to be located? Maybe it’s not finding gst-launch-1.0.exe. Its installed at C:\gstreamer\1.0\x86_64\bin\gst-launch-1.0.exe.

Your installation directory looks fine. Depending upon what app is calling gstreamer, you may need to do a custom install (instead of typical) and select all the plug-ins.

I use this line to set my gstreamer source in Mission Planner and it works great! In my case, the source is the rtsp video in a SkyViper quad. Also, if you make a change in the gstreamer source, remember to re-launch Mission Planner.

rtspsrc location=rtsp://192.168.99.1:5600/video1 ! application/x-rtp ! rtpjpegdepay ! videoconvert ! video/x-raw,format=BGRA ! appsink name=outsink

1 Like

I’m running windows 7 32 bit. x86_64 will not run on my laptop. This might be the issue?

Hmmm…that may be it. I’m running Windows10 64-bit on my laptop and desktop. Here is what Michael says about it.

I’ve installed windows 7 64 bit. No longer getting errors. Haven’t had a chance to try connecting up to a feed. Will let ya know how it goes. Thanks for the help.

Is it work with latest mp version , im also stuck in to get video stream through rpanion, udp connection are fime and shows connected