Geofencing?

First off, the Mac version is fantastic. Been waiting for this for a long time

I don’t seem to be able to find the geofencing feature in the current version. Has that not been developed yet or am I just missing it?

You are missing it. It’s under Config/Tuning view

Great, thanks!

ok, hate to be a pain but I only see the geofencing configs in that view, I don’t see how you draw the actual fence on the planning map.

Tedmorgan, did you solve this issue, as I’m having same? Can set geofence parameters but can’t draw the actual polygon in the flight plan view.

Some one can correct me if I am wrong but I thought the geo fence basically was just a circle based on the take off point and you just configured the radius and ceiling in Mission Planner. Maybe they have added a more advanced version, but this is how I thought it worked.

That’s is correct for ArduCopter, but for ArduPlane you can create a polygon based fence. See ardupilot.com for more info for each ArduPilot vehicle type.

Hi Billbonney, I gather you are involved in the development of APM Planner? I note that you have previously responded that geofence is available under Config/Tuning. I run AMP Planner 2.0.14 and I was not able to find a way to create the fence via the polygon draw method. I did find the parameters that in part appears to define the geofence. The only options I get when right-clicking on the map in Flight Planner are Go to Here (Guided Mode), Go To Here Alt (Guided Mode) and Point Camera Here.

I run ArduPlane 3.0.3 FW.

For what its worth I run OS X 10.9.4.

Cheers,

GeoFence for Plane as yet to be implemented. And requires modifications to the Map View.

Arducopter uses a simple fence constructed of a cylinder centered on the home location with a radius and max alt. You can set that in the Config View

Thanks mate. So I was looking for something that isn’t there yet :slight_smile:.

Looking forward to having this functionality. Does it exist in the Windows version of Plane?

[quote=“billbonney”]GeoFence for Plane as yet to be implemented. And requires modifications to the Map View.

Arducopter uses a simple fence constructed of a cylinder centered on the home location with a radius and max alt. You can set that in the Config View[/quote]

Very frustrated by this. I recently purchased APM 2.6 after pouring over ever detail of the website, making sure it met me needs. Been trying to configure geofence for hours, only to discover it’s not supported? Did I read that correctly? No where on the 3dr website does it say geofence is unsupported for mac mission planner 2.0.14 plane.

If I missed something, please correct me. Perhaps a polygon cannot be drawn, but a radius is automatically set when fence is enabled (to provide a simple fence)? Otherwise, very frustrated over here. Would someone with definite please knowledge confirm / comment. Although I see geofence parameters under config- they cannot be implemented?

What are you running APM:Plane or APM:Copter? For copter you can set the fence in the Config View.

I am running APM:PLane.

For setting up the GeoFence for plane you can use Mission Planner or MAVProxy. Sorry but we haven’t implemented the feature in APM Planner 2.0 yet.