Geofence and Flight mode changes

Why was “bounce” taken out of the responses to hitting the Geofence? Now if I climb to 120m (the legally suggested limit for r/c aircraft) I have two options - ignore it and keep going, or turn around and come back down (really?). The option to try and maintain the altitude at the limit seemed far more sensible to me.

Also, what happened to the “Position Hold” flight mode? It’s no longer in the list of modes.

While I’m here, defaulting to “spin on arm” was a stupid idea, no matter how many warning messages you give.

No one can offer any light on this?

I was looking around the forum to see if there is a function in Geofence where it has the ability to block the copter from actually breaching the Geofence and that is just stop there without triggering another auto-flight mode. I assume that’s whet you mean by bounce?

I would prefer it just stops there until you turn it around to bring it back rather than it switches into RTL.

Alternatively have it so it has a time frame that it stops there for say 1 min and if you haven’t changed its flight patch to come back from the Geofence, only then switch it to RLT. .

Point 2, Others will correct me if I am wrong, but I think position hold is no longer needed and its been substituted with Loiter which is achieving the same thing.

On your last point, I don’t like spin on arm either and have it disabled. But I can see some of the reasoning behind it and particularly for newbies.

[quote=“Grey Area”]Why was “bounce” taken out of the responses to hitting the Geofence? Now if I climb to 120m (the legally suggested limit for r/c aircraft) I have two options - ignore it and keep going, or turn around and come back down (really?). The option to try and maintain the altitude at the limit seemed far more sensible to me.

Also, what happened to the “Position Hold” flight mode? It’s no longer in the list of modes.

While I’m here, defaulting to “spin on arm” was a stupid idea, no matter how many warning messages you give.[/quote]