GEO-FENCE behaviour changes with object avaoidance

Hello community,

When i am testing my Hexacopter in Auto mission to check the GEO-FENCE behavior (using cylindrical fence), instead of triggering RTL, copter shows sliding behavior and i found out from the ArduCopter documentation that path planning and obstacle avoidance work with GCS set fences.

Slide behaviour log

For next flight i disabled the OA_TYPE and RTL triggered on fence boundary breach in AUTO mission.
OA_TYPE dIsabled flight

The problem i am facing is that I have object avoidance radar and i need to use it in Auto mode such that on detection of fence, the option of Loiter or RTL can be triggered and obstacle avoidance behavior does not interfere with geofence behavior.

If anyone have insights into the solution, please help to solve this problem. Thanks in advance.

Is there a reason why you want the copter to failsafe doing RTL and possibly leaving the fence instead of sliding along the border?

Other than that you could try decreasing fence margin to 0 though it may introduce undesirable consequences like actual fence breach.

@LupusTheCanine I want to check is there a option in AUTO mode where the copter breach’s GEO FENCE (radius) and instead of sliding along the border (GEO-FENCE), it triggers RTL or Loiter at that position.

I didn’t tried FENCE_MARGIN to 0 , even in first fight the copter behavior when sliding is very wobbly.

Copters are wobbly if the PIDs and/or Notch settings are not properly configured. Address that first.

@amilcarlucas thanks, will try setting up PIDs. In general copter is very stable and that behavior is observed only when it does slides.

please can you guide me if this option or parameter to set.