Servers by jDrones

Generating and downloading DataFlash Log

(Reza) #1

HI, I am trying to download a dataflash log, but I keep getting the result that no dataflash logs exist.

My process is arming the vehicle, giving the vehicle a few commands, and then disarming. After disarming, I try to download the dataflash log through Mavlink using Missionplanner, and each time get told that no logs exist.

What am I doing wrong?

(mike kelly) #2

By default the logs are not recorded until launch. If you want to record logs right after power up there is a parameter called:

LOG_DISARMED: Enable logging while disarmed

If LOG_DISARMED is set to 1 then logging will be enabled while disarmed. This can make for very large logfiles but can help a lot when tracking down startup issues

Values
Value Meaning

0 Disabled
1 Enabled

Actually I see you are arming. Check your logging level and make sure it includes what you want to watch.

(Reza) #3

Sorry, what do you mean logging level?

(David Boulanger) #4

Can you just remove the SD card and use it instead of using Mavlink

(Reza) #5

I just tried, there is nothing in the log folder. It would seem that nothing is being logged by the pixhawk.

(David Boulanger) #6

What is LOG_BITMASK set to. I’ll look at my parameter list.

(David Boulanger) #7

I think he means LOG_BITMASK when saying logging level

(mike kelly) #8

Indeed.
The LOG_BITMASK parameter controls what message types are recorded in the dataflash. Recent versions of the mission planner and ArduPilot allow individual messages to be enabled/disabled from the MP’s Config/Tuning, Standard Params screen.

Check out:
http://ardupilot.org/copter/docs/common-downloading-and-analyzing-data-logs-in-mission-planner.html?highlight=log_bitmask

Oddly I don’t see it in the complete parameters list, like they changed the name or something.

(David Boulanger) #9

I’m using 3.4b in one boat and it is still there. set to 65535.

(Reza) #10

Hmm, so that is what it is set to for me as welll… What are your other logging parameters?

(David Boulanger) #11

LOG_BACKEND_TYPE,1
LOG_DISARMED,0
LOG_FILE_BUFSIZE,16
LOG_FILE_DSRMROT,0
LOG_MAV_BUFSIZE,8
LOG_REPLAY,0

That all them.

(mike kelly) #12

It begs the question what version of Ardupilot are you running for which vehicle? Also if your SD has problems you may not get logs at all. Try a different one formatted to fat32.