Gas Powered Engine and Braking

First rover build here. I’ve got most things figured out but I need some help with a few things:

1. Cube Orange running Rover 4.2.2
  2. Gas powered vehicle with disc brakes
  3. Default setup right now

I want to control my gas powered car with a Futaba T12K transmitter. It has a left hand ratchet style throttle stick that I would like to keep at the 50% position. While it is in that position no throttle is applied and no braking is applied.

What I don’t understand is that I can’t find anything in rover 4.2.2 that relates to braking. I have a separate servo that actuates disc brakes on my vehicle and another servo that actuates the throttle. Ideally my throttle stick will be centered, going up will apply throttle, going down with set throttle at zero and going down further will slowly apply the brakes.

Anyone know how to accomplish this?

I think you need to set ATC_BRAKE enabled, that will let the car use reverse as brakes.

then set both servos as throttle then use the servox_MIN, TRIM and MAX to limit each servo so one only works when the stick goes down and the other moves when the stick goes up.

so I think you will need to set the throttle servo something like min1500.trim1500, max2000 with the brake servo set for something like min1000. trim 1500, MAX,1500

this is just a guess but I haven’t found any other ideas.

1 Like

Yup, that’s the way to do it, @geofrancis nailed it.

1 Like