Galaxy Note 10.1

Third time I am trying to post? it seems to disappear or I am ignorant about something?? :confused:
I am trying to connect my Samsung Galaxy Note 10,1 to the 3DR radio via usb on droidplanner, but its not working at all.

Installed an run the USB host check app, it has only android.hardware.usb.host.xml ticked.
" it appears that USB host support is not enabled.
tried the “fix”
" could not start su process"
Who can maybe help me?
Regards
Smiddie

Hi Smiddie,

In the Forum Rules it states that new posters must have at least two posts approve via moderation before posts will show up. This is your first one that I have approved and will delete the other one, but I did not see a third post anywhere. Don’t worry, you’re not crazy, this is just an anti-spam mechanism put in place by the site admins to keep the information on these support forums relevant.

[quote=“Smiddie”]Third time I am trying to post? it seems to disappear or I am ignorant about something?? :confused:
I am trying to connect my Samsung Galaxy Note 10,1 to the 3DR radio via usb on droidplanner, but its not working at all.

Installed an run the USB host check app, it has only android.hardware.usb.host.xml ticked.
" it appears that USB host support is not enabled.
tried the “fix”
" could not start su process"
Who can maybe help me?
Regards
Smiddie[/quote]
Oh yes and another thing I am not sure about is the cables, is there a difference in a micro usb OTG cable and just a micro usb to female usb cable??
Also the Galaxy note 10.1 does not have a usb connector, but a dedicated flat multipin connector.
So if the tablet will work do I need a female to female cable or OTG cable that just plugs in between the 3DR radio and the tablet cable???
thanks Smiddie

no it should work.

Did you try to connect a USB memory stick to the OTG ?
And:
Is that the old Note 10.1 , or the new, 2014 model ?

• for what it’s worth, the “old” (model N8000) works fine, I know, because I have one.

Once it does, you connect the radio, and are instantly asked which of the radio-supporting apps you want to open.

Thanks Andre
Yes it is the old one GT-N8000.
Tried a USB memory stick also don’t work?
Maybe it is the cable I am using.
It was sold to me as USB female to female… not OTG?
Will that make a difference?
Smiddie

ok, I am not longer sure I understand what cables you are using.
You should have something like this: ebay.com/itm/USB-OTG-Host-Ca … 1300102902

A usb OTG cable signals (the spectial connector shorts two pins) the device to change the way USB works, usually, a device accepts 5v, and feeds a charging circuit. - and USB acts as a USB slave.
With OTG , USB controler acts an USB host (very different) and a special circuit DC-DC converter, makes 5v of your battery cell’s ~3,6v and feeds that out.

You cannot, with no amount of adapters, use for example your note’s charging cable us USB OTG, as it doesn’t tell the note to change it’s behavior…

Hi Andre

Yes that correct, I am positive the cables they sold me are the wrong ones, I just ordered the correct ones for both the Note 2 and Note 10.1 from e-bay, they should reach me in a week or two then I will try them.
In the mean time its the Laptop. Its my first experience with APM so I am taking it slow…
Thanks again for all the info.
Smiddie

Andre-K post`s are in the correct directions, I hope your new cables work correctly.

But if they don`t you can always try one of the bluetooth telemetry boards that are shoing up lately.

OTG Cables arrived and both my Note 10.1 and the Note 2 works perfectly.
Thanks for support.
Cheers Smiddie