G force limit for autopilot controller

I tried to search for information about the limit of G force that the autopilot controller can withstand.
I didn’t find anything.
Anyone knows about it???

Do you mean max G without mechanical damage fo the complete autopilot board.
If so it depends on the manufacturer, the type and the direction of the force.

1 Like

I mean in the software its self
Is it going to read correct value or not in higher G force ,for examble in 15 G or higher

Interesting topic. Have you checked the data you get in the dataflash logs from AccX, AccY and AccZ and what is the range for these values? I think it should be written somewhere.

Do you need these G force values for constant g-loads (a few seconds) or short G-loads (a few miliseconds)? I noticed that I sometimes have bumps of really high g-loads when landing which are multiple times higher than the ones during the flight

To know the maximum loads of the buit-in gyro sensors of your FC, I would check the data sheets from the manufacturers site of the gyro sensors.

May I add another question relating to this topic? Is it maybe possible to set a maximum g-force parameter for the autopilot during turns (long time g-force)?

Why is it tagged with Plane 3.7 it is horribly outdated?

AP can deal with any acceleration most commonly used IMU can measure and likely significantly more. Your IMU likely can withstand quite significant shocks but won’t provide meaningful measurements of them.

Check the FC accelerometers chip datasheet.