FrSky FPort support - testers wanted

Ah! I did read a bit about that bug but did not fully digest its impact (it seemed Betaflight specific). That makes perfect sense, and the developers here can disregard my somewhat ignorant request for support. Thank you much for the explanation!

A brief test with the ACCST 2.1.2-beta firmware linked in that bug report was completely successful. A word of caution to those considering this “fix” - there is a follow on post that appears to blame a copter crash on this beta receiver firmware, so it probably shouldn’t be used in any critical application. In my case, I’m using it on a small Rover that I purpose built to test things like this, so the risk is close to nil.

In the long run, perhaps it might be best to simply upgrade my transmitter with an ISRM module and transition to ACCESS.

1 Like

Hi, access works fine on that receiver on an X10 with ISRM upgraded module :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes time to update the module.

1 Like

HI Anton, Is there a Fport firmware for an X4RSB with ACCST 2.1?

I imagine you will be in ACCST 1.9 right?

Thanks in advanced!

I think so. Check FRSky site, it should be there.

Hi Anton, on the official frsky website it is not available for ACSST 2.1. I imagine you are using version 1.9 on your X4R, right?

El El mar, 14 sept 2021 a las 7:19, Anton Khrapov via ArduPilot Discourse noreply@ardupilot.org escribió:

https://www.frsky-rc.com/x4r/
Under ACCST D16 FIRMWARE, downloaded that zip file. It will have both FPort and SPort firmware version 2.1.0

Oops, how strange, and how do you select between S.port or F.port?

You have made me crazy! I had only seen a firmware with F.PORT output but in ACCST 1.9, which physically uses the same S.port output pin.

Have you actually downloaded the ZIP? There are 4 files inside. You select what you need by flashing the right one.

Ahgggggg… Excuse me, I didn’t take a good look at it! Thanks for your help.

Thanks again!

X4RXSR_ACCST_2.1.0_Fport_FCC.frk

I updated my older X12S transmitter today with this module and this antenna (required to upgrade the older iXJT model).

Should anyone else require the link, firmware for the upgrade module can be found here.

FPort + telemetry is all working perfectly with ACCESS 2.1, and I had no trouble re-binding my ACCST receivers as well.

Hi.

Read this and some other posts in order to make the telemetry work for my setup. I´m using the latest firware versions on my setup.

Cube Orange - Arducopter 4.1
Taranis X9D Plus SE 2019 - ISRM-S-X9 1.1.0/2.1.6FCC
Receiver: Archer RS - Archer -x 1.2.0/2.1.8

I´m making tests with 2 receivers, one with a 10k resistor on TX/GND and one without. I´m not using any adapter board. I tried Serial 1, 2, 3 and 4. RC signal OK with all of them but I never get Telemetry for my Yaapu script. I also tried F,Port and FBUS(FPORT2) Archer receiver protocols. The only thing I did not try was a solution with a Diode.

What can I be missing? Anyone with a similar hardware? Thanks.

What’s your related serial parameters?
Are you wanting to use F-Port or S-Port?

For S-Port you need a serial port set to something like this:
SERIAL2_BAUD,57
SERIAL2_OPTIONS,7
SERIAL2_PROTOCOL,10
the option listed here should be correct your Cube but you could need a pull-down resistor.

There’s some really good F-Port info right in the first post of this thread, and for the Cube Orange too.

I had the same problem (RC ok, no telemetry). 10k is too much, with 4k7 it works.
Fport settings:
SERIALx_PROTOCOL,23
SERIALx_OPTIONS,7

@xfacta I have tried your setup (did not work) but I need to use Protocol 23 (RCIN) since I´m using Fport (SBus is in he same wire). I´m having no trouble with SBus, only telemetry.

@havran I will try your suggestion on monday (I don´t have the resistor with me but I´m already using your parameters). Do you have the same Radio and receiver (Taranis X9D Plus SE 2019, Archer RS)? I´m asking since there are several reports about telemetry problems related to Taranis fiirmware versions but on other FrSky TX/RX hardware, not the one I´m using. In fact I have not read about someone using the Archer RS receiver in the posts…

What are your RC_OPTIONS? 8 or 0?
Does SERIAL?_BAUD have any influence? I also tried 57,115

I successfully use the following settings (as recommended) on Cube Orange(s) with current ACCESS FPort firmware on an RXSR and also an Archer RS. I use a 10k pulldown resistor on both. I also had success with beta ACCST firmware on the RXSR, linked below.

SERIAL2_OPTIONS = 7
SERIAL2_PROTOCOL = 23
RC_OPTIONS = 8
RSSI_TYPE = 3

I have also used SERIAL3 with no issues. The baud rate parameter is inconsequential.

RXSR_Accst_Fport_FCC_2.1.2-beta.zip (122.2 KB)

@Yuri_Rage thanks. I have tried your settings with no results… Now I have a 10k resistor on GND and TX.

Just for sanity reasons (I´m loosing mine…) I made the following physical connection:

Archer RS <-> CUBE ORANGE (tried with GPS1, GPS2, Telem1 and Telem2 with no sucess):
GND <-> Pin 8 GND (or Pin 6 depending on connector)
VIN <-> Pin 1 VCC
S.Port <-> Pin 2 TX

Archer has option F.Port selected and SBus is OK.

If you have good RC control and a 10k resistor between signal and ground, then the wiring is not the problem. I suspect a transmitter issue at this point. Unfortunately, I do not use a Taranis transmitter, so I’m not much help there.

Thanks!
Maybe someone has the same setup and can give a feedback.

I have the Radiomaster TX16S, R9MX receiver (ACCESS) and Cube Orange. RC_OPTIONS = 0.
I tried all combinations and nothing worked. After replacing the resistor from 10k to 4k7, the telemetry started working.